Chapter 38

Robyn Rihanna Fenty 

A little earlier...

I slam the door, mentally cursing myself. I can't believe the shit that that just came out of Beyoncè's mouth. She's talking about we're opposites and shit. That's some bullshit. 

As I lie down on my bed, I feel my body flushing from anger and sexual frustration. I grab my phone off the bed and see that Onika, as I guessed, was sending me texts. I delete her number without opening them and pick up my Beats off the nightstand. 

I play some music from Aaliyah because she was my favorite singer since I was little. As I lie down, listening to the music, I grit my teeth as my mind flashes back earler.

"I've been thinking it from the start. There's no way that you can drop all of your ways for a girl you knew for a half-week!"

She's right.

I was stupid to even think that I could change. I mean, I'm Robyn. I'm a player. That's what I am. I don't go around changing for people, because what happened the last time I did?

But Beyoncè changed that. I don't know what I see in her. All she is is beautiful and has an amazing personality. She bites her lip so sexily, it makes me die a little on the inside every time she does. Plus she has a wonderful singing voice and- ugh. That's everything in her. That's what I fell so hard for. 

I roll over and lie on my stomach, thoughts flooding my mind. I close my eyes and try to clear my head. My thoughts flash back to a time when I was with Kehlani before I can even stop it.

"So you don't believe in love?" Kehlani asks, rolling over on the beach towel, fully exposing her bare body to me. She only has on a swimsuit top and jean shorts, her body basically calling to me.

"Yoohoo? My eyes are up here." She says, making me look up at her.

I bring my eyes up to her,"what did you say?"

"I said, so you don't believe in love?" She repeats.

I groan and sit up, crossing my legs beside her. Shaking my head I say,"No."

"Why not?" Kehlani asks, whining.

"Because!" I say, throwing my hands up,"it's overrated. It's just an exaggeration of you liking someone. Saying 'I love you' doesn't mean shit. It's the actions that matter."

"What actions?"

"Like..." I pause, thinking,"like giving you flowers everyday, telling you that you're beautiful even though you think you're not every second of the day. Not wanting you just for sex. Having long, meaningless conversations about nothing at all late at night. Buying you food all the time-" 

"So, basically what you do?" She asks, a smile setting in on her lips, showing her dimples.

"Yes." I reply, not thinking,"wait. No- I mean-"

"Too late!" Kehlani says, sitting up and laughing.

"No! I meant to-"

"S-So you don't love me?" Keh asks, pouting ever so cutely," good to know." With that, she rolls over on the blanket, her back to me.

I'm quiet for a moment before I tap her shoulder," baby. I didn't mean that."

She doesn't respond, so I tap her again," baby." 

Once again, she's unresponsive. That's when I hear her softly breathing, indicating that she's fallen asleep.

I chuckle, shaking my head,"She really fell asleep on me."

I jolt out of the flashback with a heavy gasp. I then sit up and throw my legs over the edge of the bed, my mind rushing and my blood boiling. 

A uneasy feeling is in my stomach and I feel as if I have to throw up. I place my hand over my racing heart and try to settle my uneasiness. 

I relax as Try Again by Aaliyah starts playing through my headphones. As I lie back on the bed, I think about Beyoncè. Tears unexpectedly run down my face and I welcome them. 

Everything is just so fucked up right now but Beyoncè's so quick to jump to conclusions. I can't even explain myself.  Some way, somehow, I need to get her back to me.

************************************************************************

Vote. Comment. 

~Trina J.