I'll Be The Brightest, You'll See

Guysssssss I'm really tired and its 4am but WHATEVER. K, HERE'S CHAPTER 3.

-Jessi

Vic's POV

I was right. It was a long night. I was up until 3am because Kellin drives like an insane chipmunk. Swerving, sudden "brake checks," and turning the goddamn radio up too loud. It wasn't until we hit San Fransisco that he stopped and let me sleep. Though I wasn't very comfortable, due to the ropes and the fact that Kellin sleep-talks. It was kind of disturbing, to be honest. He mumbled something along the lines of "Don't take her away, I need her." I dont really know what was going through his head' hell, I've know him for all of five and a half hours!

I woke up around five, seeing the green lit time on the truck's stereo. I rolled over to look out the window, seeing multiple cop cars. None of them flashing and none of the sirens going off; just parked and there.

I felt ssomething press against my shoulder, and turned to see Kellin, leaned against me, his facial expression signlling the fact he was having a nightmare. I thought about waking him up, but decided not to. I mean, I didn't know him, why should I care?

Kellin's POV

Katelynne stood before me, her chestnut hair blowing behind her. I smelled the salt in the air, noticing the odd coolness and slow rocking. We where on a boat. I looked around to figure out where I was, noticing how small the boat was. Along with me, tied up in a chair, small wooden crates to my right, and Copeland.

She was all grown up, light brown hair cascading to her shoulders, blowing back in the ocean air. She looked mad. Very mad. She looked up at Katelynne, a smirk playing at the ends of her lips. "Off he goes." Copeland said, her soft pink lips quivering. Katelynne looked at me, her red lips grinning evily. She suddenly yanked a rope which sent me flying over the edge of the boat.

My lungs burned as I tried to scream, flailing about the deep waters. The world was silent, until voices filled my head.

"You were never there, dad!" "If you had just gotten what mom wanted, this would've never happened. I hate you." The words cut like knives, causing tears to spring to my eyes. "Cope... daddy wanted to have you..." I felt the tears I tried so hard to contain fall down me cheeks, as someone called me. "Kellin." "KELLIN." "KELLIN!"

I was slapped awake, hard for that matter, by what's-his-face. I turned to face him, noticing the annoyed glint in his eyes. "Finally. It's almost noon and I would like to know if I can... you know.... leave?" I looked at him blankley, still shooken up from the nightmare and slap. I shook my head. "No, no. I can't have you running off and telling the cops things." I said, a cheeky smile forming. He rolled his eyes. "But I kinda have to go home now. My brother will get worried..." I shook my head again. He sighed, rolling over to the window. I looked down at his arms, still tied tightly to his sides.

"Is it too tight?" I asked, still staring at his arms. He looked at me, glancing at his arms. "A little..." he barely whispered. I leaned over him and opened the glove box, pulling out a knife. I heard his breath hitch and stop. "Relax.." I said softly, cutting the ropes.Once free, he rubbed up and down his arms, feeling where the ropes dug into him. Then I began thinking. He had a family that was probably worried sick, and he was probably scared himself...

"Look.." I said. He looked at me, confused. "I'm sorry I-" was all I got out before he punched me in my stomache and practically threw himself out the door. He began running; I don't think he even bothered to know where we were. I watched him as his running turned into slow walking, then he dropped to his knees. That's when I got out of the truck, running toward him. "Hey." I yelled, making him look behind him. I could see the tears in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked when I reached him. He shook his head. "I can't. I can't go home."

Heyy guys. So it's been a while since I've updated. Sorry for those who care... ANYWAYS I'll try to update as soon as possible. Some feedback would be cool by the way... KBYE

-Jessi