Prologue

Thousands of years ago, a man known to many as the Ancient One helped harness the power of the four elements and placed them into four jewels with the aid of four wise magi. So the legends of old say.

These jewels would come to seduce mankind and those who desired power. For these jewels may well have the power to give people longevity, great agility, mystical powers, strength to be nearly invincible, and possibly even immortality itself. Only one could obtain this power all at once by possessing all four of the jewels and knowing the magic words contained upon a secret hidden tablet.

Therefore, knowledge of the jewels and of their great power was kept secret. For only members of an esoteric sect, sworn to secrecy, could have knowledge of the individual power and capability each jewel contained. The members of this group were the guardians of the jewels and of their secret great power. They were known as the sect of the Ishamah.

* * *

"Members of this sect still exist today," the shadowy outline of a figure said, standing in the shadows just outside the torchlight of the large and luxurious room, almost hidden from sight amidst the darkness of the night, as he finished his narration.

"And these jewels still exist as well, I suppose," a man adorned in gold and fine linen robes replied. He stood with his arms folded in the torchlight on one end of the large room.

"Yes," this mysterious figure replied amidst two darkened stone pillars on the other end of the room; appearing much like a shadow in front of two large double doors at the darkened end of the room. The doors were wide open, revealing the darkness of the late hour outside. "I have been in close contact with members of this secret group and have seen how they seem to share the power of the jewels amongst themselves. They have carried on a tradition of secrecy regarding the jewels and their secret power for thousands of years."

"Intriguing story but I'm skeptical of the power of such jewels," the well dressed man replied. "However, I'm still intrigued by how you came across them and this rather superstitious group you say guards them. These jewels... this treasure."

"Allow me time to prove that such a treasure exists, Nabon," continued the man standing in the doorway. "I'll lead the way."

"Interesting," the finely dressed man replied, a grin of satisfaction on his face. "Very interesting indeed. I should like to learn more about this group. These Ishamah."

Thus begins the epic of the powerful relic treasures known as the jewels of the Ishamah. Set long ago, in ancient Mesopotamia—the cradle of civilization.