5: Heavy Rain

Taehyung and I texted Hoseok and Yoongi where to meet up, but they both said they had gone home already.

"They didn't even wait for us. Were they that eager to leave?" Taehyung pouted.

"Well, it is pretty late already. It's no wonder they went home," I said.

"But Yoongi was my ride home, I can't believe he just left me here. My house is a bit far from here and the rain is so heavy," Taehyung scoffed.

"Hoseok and I just walked here since my apartment is near here," I said, looking at the empty road. "There are no cabs passing by either, trying to look for more cabs.

"What if..." Taehyung trailed off. I turned back to Taehyung. "What if I stay at your apartment first for the night?" Taehyung asked. I just stared at him, blankly. A few minutes passed by, and I was still staring at him. "Yah, Jimin, is it okay? Are you still there?" Taehyung pouted. "Its alright if you don't want, it was just a suggestion. I co---"

"No, no, no!" I found myself interrupting. "Y-You could s-stay at my apartment for the night!"

"For real?" Taehyung's pout turned into a bright smile. Oh God, it's too late for me to be struck by the sun. "Thank you so much, Jiminnie!" He said and hugged me, making me blush. This is the second time we've hugged today.

After he broke the hug, I said, "Okay, brace yourself. Here, take my jacket and try not to get wet." I gave him my jacket and placed it on top of his head. I grabbed his hand and made a run for it. We ran as fast as we can, but it was so hard to see through the heavy rain.

After what seemed like hours of running, I finally saw my apartment complex. "We're here!" I shouted through the heavy rain and immediately ran inside the building. We were soaking wet.

Taehyung rested his hands on his knees and tried to catch his breath. "Ahh, shit. That was so tiring."

"C'mon, let's go up," I said as I led him up the stairs. Once we got to the fourth floor, I took out my keys and opened the door. I opened the lights and immediately went to my wardrobe.

While I was looking through my wardrobe, Taehyung spoke, "Wow, Jimin. Your apartment's pretty clean."

"Why? Did you expect it to be dirty?" I got a plain shirt, a pair of shorts and unused boxers for Taehyung to wear

"Well, for a working man like you... Probably, since you have a lot of work to do, you wouldn't have the time to clean your apartment up."

"How 'bout yours? Is it untidy like a college student's one?"

"Yes, of course."

"Here take a bath and use these." I handed him the clothes I picked out for him and he took it.

"Thank you so much, Jimin." Taehyung looked down to see the boxers and I noticed, so I spoke up, "Oh, those are new, they just came out of the packaging.

"Oh, okay, but shouldn't you take a bath first, since you're soaking wet?" Taehyung asked.

"No, it's fine, you go first."

"I can wa----" I interrupted his sentence and just pushed him towards the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

I walked to the couch and took off my soaking wet pants and sweater and took a short nap.

A few minutes after, I was being shook violently. "Yah, Jimin, wake up! Take a bath you might catch a cold!" I woke up to Taehyung's worried face and sat up.

"Oh, okay," I said and walked to the bathroom and took a long steamy bath. When I got out of the bath, I realized I had no clothes with me when I went in, so I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked out of the bathroom.

"Oh Jimin, that was---" Taehyung stopped talking and drying his hair and just stared at me.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing." Taehyung said and continued drying his hair. I just hummed to myself and walked to my wardrobe to get my change of clothes.

After changing, I saw Taehyung sprawled on the bed talking to someone on the phone. When he saw me go out, he sais goodbye and sat up on the bed.

"Who was that?" I asked as I sat down beside him, drying my hair.

"Oh, that was Yoongi. I got mad at him for leaving me, but he just blamed me and said it was my fault for taking too long," he scoffed.

"I'm sorry, it was my fault for taking too long," I apologized.

"Nah it's alright. I proposed the idea to go and leave them be. And we had to go get wet under this heavy rain. I could've told Yoongi to bring you guys home."

"Is Hoseok with him?" I asked. I threw my towel to the couch and sprawled on the bed.

"Apparently, he is. I wonder how he's doing in the house of his crush." Taehyung grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. I wiggled my eyebrows as well, resorting to us giggling. He lied down beside me, his arm propping him up. "So is it okay if I ask you about the guy we stumbled upon awhile ago?"

I hesitated, but then I wanted to talk more with Taehyung. "Okay. So we've almost been together for three years and it was our anniversary the day I was supposed to ask him to marry me. We met each other when we were in our senior year at high school. He was a new student and everyone wanted to be friends with him because he was handsome and he had everything. His first and last name starts with a 'J,' it was music to my ears."

"Wait a minute... So you have a fetish for guys that has 'J' for the beginning letter of their names?" Taehyung looked at me weirdly.

"Apparently." I shrugged. "Lucky me, I was his designated seatmate and so I had all the time in the world to talk to him and after, he immediately became one of my best friends. I had to supress my feelings for him until our senior year in college which was a pretty damn long time. I confessed to him on our graduation day and the rest is history. I really thought we were going to be together until we're old."

"It's a pretty normal story, except for the part where you like people whose names start with a letter 'J.' So take me as an example as a candidate to be your boyfriend, you won't like me because my name doesn't start with a 'J'?" Taehyung asked. I felt my cheeks heat up at the example.

"I actually don't know..." I trailed off. "You are... Kind of... My type... I guess," I answered nervously. I saw Taehyung's cheeks become red. "Anywayssss," I drawled. "Enough about me, how 'bout you?"

"Oh me... Well, you know for a fact that I'm bi, right?" He asked and I nodded. "So I've had a fair share of boyfriends and girlfriends, but none of them were actually in it for the relationship I guess. They were all for the money, and I was naive to fall in love with people like that all over again. I haven't found anyone who truly loves me, not for my money, but for who I am." Taehyung lied down next to Jimin and placed his arm over his eyes. He sounded so sad and it was sad that Taehyung has never experience true love even after all those relationships. It was now my turn to comfort him.

"Do you want a hug?"

Taehyung took his arm off his eyes and turned to the side. He pouted and made grabby hands. Is this boy trying to kill me? I immediately hugged him and I felt him hug me back. I placed my chin on top of his head and caressed it.

"Jimin you smell really good," Taehyung's muffled voice said.

"Thanks."

"Can we fall asleep like this?" Taehyung asked, looking up at me.

"Alright." I smiled.