Heartbreak

Ashling and Aideen emerged from the King's chamber. Thankfully Emma was still sleeping so the sad news of her father's passing would only reach her ears in the morning. Ashling hung her head in grief, "Aideen", she whispered, "We must alert Orla". Aideen stood, long brown hair tied, as always in a bun on top of her head. She nodded her head once and both nurses walked to find Ardan. They passed the kitchens and the ballroom, Ashling was thinking about the future, Emma would be devastated. She didn't wipe her tears as they fell, for she had raised Emma from a Nuabheirthe. They walked until they reached the tower where Ardan stood guard. "Good evening ladies", came Ardan's voice from above. The nurses bowed and Ashling could stand the grief no longer, she launched herself at Ardan and began weeping uncontrollably. "Ardan, it is our king, he has passed".

Ardan fell to his knees and bowed his head. "My lord may your spirit be with Orla now", he prayed. He returned to stand and looked at Ashling and Aideen, Emma's mothers, although not by birth. "Ladies, we must make preparations, I will alert the fairies, Orla will arrange the memorial and Shea will aid her as the usual preparations. Emma must be alerted and a crowning ceremony will take place, we will now have a queen to lead us in battle with the moon." Ashling and Aideen bowed once more and then left the tower. It seems perhaps Emma would not get a full night's sleep after all.

Emma tossed and turned but no matter how she tried she could not sleep. When she closed her eyes she saw only caves and Regina's face. Regina, how her heart ached for her best friend, her love and her Mo shíorghrá. Emma had heard Orla call herself and Regina this strange name, so when Regina disappeared she researched, and she read and she read until she found a poem. Then she found a story.