The Cave

Regina was getting frightened now. They had walked around for almost an hour trying to see though the dense blackness. Emma held on to Regina's hand tightly never letting go as they trudged through the forest. Eventually after some stumbling Regina saw a flicker of light. "Emma, look over there" she pointed. Emma and Regina made their way over to the light. Once they were closer they could see that the light was coming from inside a cave, one they had never come across in all their years of exploring the forest. "Regina..." began Emma, she was quite apprehensive. But Regina seeing this light as their salvation rushed forward into the cave. Emma ran to catch up with her and they found themselves in a small cave entrance, they locked fingers and walked slowly into the opening.

"Where are they Ardan?" Came King Deegan's voice. "My lord we have all available soldiers searching the forest, we will find them". Ardan bowed. King Deegan paced the hall waiting for news of Emma and Regina, they could be anywhere and they had always come back before dark, what if something had happened to them, he could not bare it, not again. Ardan left the hall and went back outside, the darkness outside was making it hard to see anything, they had brought flame torches but they were not very effective. Ardan hadn't wanted to tell the king they had already searched the forest twice over. He was worried for the princesses and would not give up looking. Suddenly one of the knights returned and dismounted from his horse, holding a lilac piece of fabric. "M'lord, the princess Regina's shawl" He handed it to Ardan and Ardan hitched his breath "Oh no" he whispered. 

Regina and Emma moved forward into the cave. They could hear a lullaby and were curious as to who else was in the cave. "Eabhla and Rioghnach, daughters of kings, one sun one moon, lovers of sin" what they had thought a lullaby had now become familiar words Emma struggled to make out. "One dark one light, one made of fairy might, come little princesses enter my abode, come let me lead you off the winding road" Regina had made out the last sentence and made to pull Emma back out of the cave, "lets go Emma I don't like it" but as they made to turn around they found there was nowhere to exit the cave, the only thing to do was to keep walking. They held each other's hands tightly and walked on. "So finally you found me little princesses, I have been waiting a long time for the next Mo shíorghrá" For once someone had said a word that Emma was not familiar with and despite her fear came her bravery "What does that mean?" She asked. The voice replied, "True love dearest heart, binded soulmates, an eternal bond"