Dreams

Orla paced the golden throne room. She was restless and felt uneasy. She had been dreaming way too much lately. Of fire and darkness and of Regina. She still watched over the girls and now Regina was nearing her 16th birthday she had been overly observant. Her father had began to look at suitors, men from the east of Kealkil, in Myrand. Regina wanted absolutely nothing to do with them of course and always made up some excuse or other not to meet any of them. She was happy with Emma and did not want to think of the future where Emma did not feature. It seemed to Orla that her friendship with Emma was a very strong bond, one she had not seen in a millennia. She now believed Regina loved Emma as more than a friend, as someone she would betrove her self to. She saw Regina's feelings grow and grow until looking into her soul had become painful. She thought to herself that she must inform the fairy council, she had been putting it off because Regina and Emma were children. But she saw it as clear as daylight. Regina loved Emma with every inch of her soul, true love had blossomed in to Mo shíorghrá. 

Orla had not seen a Mo shíorghrá for a very long time and was reluctant to share with anyone what it would mean for their land. The last time it had come to pass terrible things had happened and she was afraid because of her dreams. She had tried desperately all these years to find the Cailleach Eimear to destroy her before history could repeat itself, but she could not find her. 

"So? What do you think?" Regina moved from behind the frame to stand in front of Emma. Emma's breath caught and she couldn't speak. "Emma?" came Regina's gentle voice. Emma shook her head, Regina was beautiful, she thought, dark brown hair that curled at the ends and deep brown eyes that she always got lost in. She could map out Regina's whole body if she had need. Regina stood shy in front of Emma, Emma stood almost 14 years old now that Regina was 16. Emma came and pushed a lock of hair behind Regina's ear, "You look álainn" Regina could feel her face reddening. "Thank you, you are most kind Emma". Emma moved closer to Regina, taking her hand in hers, "You will be the most danced with at your ball tonight". Regina's birthday celebrations were in Makuria and Emma had made the trip 3 days ago, it was rare that Emma came to Makuria and had only visited a handful of times. The girls had spent most summers in the enchanted forest in the south, but today was Regina's ball, her 16th birthday celebrations. "You know I wont dance with anyone but you Éabhla", It was now Emma's turn to blush.