Chapter 1: Simpler Times

How did this happen to me? This is such a pain, you know leaving this world that my guild- no my friends, have made into what it was. These fools, they'll pay for taking them away, and I'll drag them into the coldest part of Hell with me!

----------------------------------------------------

This was at first just a simple game, but now it has become what the scenery would to be described in one word: hopeless. It was never like this; life was a lot more peaceful in a way. But the largest gaming corporation has become the next big supporter of the military forces and the homeland guards by outfitting them with the latest model of the MK.2. These were mechanical warfare weapons that became heavily demanded by every country in the world; so they were sought after like a young child throwing a tantrum wanting candy. The MK.2 were simple prototypes that the company sold to them, use the money acquired to create even more advanced mechas. They made a new energy source that composed of the basic principle of electricity that Tesla proposed; they went up and beyond by making the core of the suit receiving a ongoing current that absorbs the rays of light, and converting them into a non-fossil fuel source that would last for weeks without a charge. They saw that it was going to require more research, for they wanted to integrate the conscience of the rider so they would be one with the suit and maneuver it seamlessly.

They kept their research quiet 'til other countries caught wind and began to call war and tried to besiege the top researchers of the company. Who would have guessed that the largest VRMMO Company would be weapon and mech suit developers. The company had made it large because of the newly released VRMMO, "The Parallel." The face of the game later became the handler, Vaxen, an assassin.

"This is your last stand, come at me and I'll put down your name on my blade as it will be my stepping stone to conquering," roared Vaxen.

He was being sponsored on TV again after an outstanding victory that involved the militia forces of two thousand soldiers and archers. He single handedly defeated them after the current king of the land relinquished it to Vaxen.

"Why do they praise Vaxen as if he is God in the flesh, well kind of in the flesh," questioned the young man frantically running around the room. "Man, why did I have to meet that guy, he's been nothing but a pain in my life. Guess I still gotta thank him for this, since he was able to remove me from the world of anguish I survived in." I still remember it like it was yesterday, when I had no sense of up or down, still don't, but I was freed from the prison I was always trapped in. My social life was nothing but punches, knives being drawn, thugs and many things that I'm pretty sure the Devil would find un-redeeming.

"Ah man, I'm gonna be late for class at this rate," exclaimed the youthful boy.

As he rushed around his house looking for his bag and wallet, he busts out the door and runs through the streets at breakneck speed. As he sprints down the sidewalk, he took in the scenery before him; the sky shines a light blue hue, across the street was park that had a pond that sparkled clear and brightly like a diamond, and the streets were filled with exuberant laughter and chatter.

"This wouldn't happen if that prison I lived in was still holding me captive." That place became nothing more than a simple cell where I was only released for school, beaten for not being home by four, and then be starved for the day.

As time passed, he just realized that he arrived to school. He walked into the building with wandering eyes then fixating on the young man, as he walked down the hallway. He felt the burning and uneasy glare from the other students. He walked into his classroom and sat at his desk.

"Alright, roll call. Sit down and prepare for class," yelled the teacher.
He was calling names and finally reached the final name.

"Le-," as he was cut short by the intercom.