Chapter 3: The Lone One

-Traverse The Dark-

Leonard hovered over a pad and was asked his name, which he responded back with, "My name is... Axel!"

Then it asked him what race; an Elf, a Spriggan, a Nord, an Argonian or a Drakav. He asked about info on the Drakav; it was said they were the first humans to become a kin to the legendary Dragons that became extinct. They were the cause of the war in Yggdrasil. Some even say they are more combat intuitive, yet may be as intelligent as a Dark Elf.

"I made my choice," proclaimed Axel. "I will become Axel of the Drakavian."

It was after his choice, a strange rune appeared on his right arm and back as it burned itself onto his skin.

"Welcome to 'Traverse The Dark'; After the Continental War of 650 that was caused by the Drakavian, the country of Tristein called for the four major countries to make a truce to annihilate the Drakav. It was then the battle became fruitful after the Drakavian race was put on the brink of extinction. The use of powerful majika sealed their power, all the Drakavians,except for the lone survivor who had been put in a state of death to ensure that he perfected a new potion which would had given them a similar appearance as their ancestor. You must traverse through the darkness into the twilight; are you ready to bare the hatred to your kind, weigh the responsibility of unifying the countries, or will you sink further into the abyss and repeat your ancestor's transgressions and make others be ruled by you. 'Saviour' or 'Annihilator', choose your fate young Drakavian."

'Seems like this made for one person, maybe everyone else was unable to use this because it required following a set story. That's a turn off for those who want to level up a character for fun. Too bad I'm into things like this, 'cause I got first dibs!'

Axel was then transported into an old rotten cell, unknown to the world yet hated by all. Axel was sixteen years old; he had a slender physique but was concealed by his clothing was his actual build that was not too different but helped make a difference in a fight, his skin was dark like soot with scales that covered him,along with long silver hair and emerald eyes. He had a neighbor who was a Dark Elf that was imprisoned for an unjust cause: razing three out of the six capital's central libraries. This had to be a fake report because the Dark Elves are widely known for their vast thirst for knowledge and the crafting in arts and poetry. The both of them would talk the day away, even though neither of them knew of the others face or intentions. After being jailed for ten years, they made their escape. The now twenty-six years old Drakavian played possum after watching the mice in his cell. He used that ability to fool the guard that did his rounds and steal his keys. The first step was done, next was to find the armoury and take some gear if they hoped to escape.

"I know this place like the back of my hand," said the Dark Elf.

"Bet you know the palm of your hand too," retorted Axel playfully.

"Shut up, Mr. Smart.... Shh. Hear that?" 

"Nothing. What was it?"

"Two guards at the armoury; one is asleep, and the other is pacing himself."

"How'd you hear them from 50 ft away?!"

"My kind have mastered many arts. One of which is on a different level that many view. Rather than concrete, we view the abstract and create a scenery vivid in our minds from what we gather through our senses. This is a technique that increases one to three senses at a time and become more aware of your surroundings. Would you like to learn it?"

"Of course! But wait. We haven't introduced ourselves. My name is Axel."

"I am Sirtis. Nice to make your acquaintance, Axel."