Chapter 14 - On Your Knees

All you lovely people may not of caught on yet, but Detective Hood is a bit of detached, kinky little thing. So a lot of this book will involve things like that, and I just kind of wanted to pre-warn you in case you aren't comfortable with that type of stuff. Anyways, moving on! -S

//Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you\\~Coldplay

Calum

"Why do you have that stupid look on your face?" The voice of my annoying friend and coworker says.

"What are you talking about?" I say. I had been in such a daze, reading over case files and trying to get caught up on paperwork, that I didn't realize there was any certain look on my face.

"You're smiling. It's weird." Michael tosses an MnM into the air and catches it in his mouth.

"That isn't weird! And I wasn't smiling anyways." I try to nudge him off my desk with my elbow.

"You get laid last night?" He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

"You're an idiot." I roll my eyes.

"Well it can't possibly be because you've got that O'Donnell girl staying with you."

"Would you shut the fuck up! I'm serious, no one can find out about that, okay? Get your ass back to work." I avoid eye contact and look back down at my files.

"I didn't come over here to talk about your secret roommate, Cal. We all decided to check out that new club that opened up across town, you in?" This time he pops a hand full of MnMs into his mouth.

"Yeah...yeah sounds good." I clear my throat as Michael gets up and walks back to his office.

I wasn't comfortable with the uneasy feeling settling in the pit of my stomach, thinking of leaving Vivienne at home alone longer than I wanted her to be. But I wasn't her babysitter, and she sure as hell didn't want me to be.

So after work we all quickly changed our clothes in the locker rooms and drove across town to Club Athena. The name of it made me think of some cheap strip joint, however this place was quite the opposite. Everything inside was detailed and modern. Black booths and maroon colored tables. All the fixtures were a shiny new silver. The flashing lights on the dance floor reflected off of them in just the right way.

Luke patted my shoulder, letting me know they were moving to a table. I was in a funky daze that I didn't understand, so I clumsily sat down next to him, rubbing my hands through my hair a few times, messing up the ridiculous curls even more.

"What's with you tonight?" Luke shouts over the music.

"Me? Nothing. I'm peachy." I sigh loudly.

"You're a shit liar." Ashton says, knowing me too well.

"Let's just drop it, okay? We didn't come here to talk about how I'm feeling." I stand up, motioning towards the bar, letting them know I'll get the first round.

I can hardly believe how lucky I've gotten, when I see the blonde in the white dress leaning against the bar, practically begging someone to fuck her senseless. Her red painted lips get pulled between her perfectly white teeth in the most teasing way. She's typical.

"Like what you see, big guy?" She says, turning to face the bar, resting her elbows on the top, letting her ass perk out for me to see. She knows where this is going.

"I think I'll like what I can't see even better." I say, throwing her a half smirk.

She makes her way down the bar, swaying her thick hips and never breaking the eye contact with me. I've only been here for three minutes, the bathroom will have to do.