Chapter 3

"Hello welcome to the Acorn Inn!" Nami greeted the strangers,a man and woman, who stood across the counter from her with a warm smile although she wasn't very happy to be helping anyone. Just moments earlier she had been practicing her swordsmanship with a pencil when she heard the jingle of the bell that hung above the door frame. 

"We just need a room for the night." The male stated firmly. The pair Nami encountered were seemingly very different and it was almost hard to believe the two were traveling together. He was tall and refined with shoulder length hair held down by a bandana that wrapped around his ears and an intricate tribal pointed tattoo under his left eye. His clothes seemed well put together despite being worn out from travel and his skin was a slight grey tinge compared to any other humans. His eyes were a harsh gold that seemed to burn into her skin. 

The girl on the other hand had long jet black hair tied back into a low ponytail that trickled down her back light a waterfall. Her skin was tanned, and the darkness of her hair and skin combined forced her emerald green eyes to pop. Her clothes were a dead giveaway that we traveled more than the man had, with comfortable pants that flared out just under her knees, a long jacket with a wrap around her stomach that held it down and a tunic top underneath it all. Nami glanced at the dust tracked in by these two which had trailed in from the front door. She would have to clean it up later. 

"How long are you staying?"

"Just for the night." 

"Okay, can I get a name for the room then?"

"Put it under Green."

"Sure thing, and we usually take payment up front. You'll get it back later but it's just to hold on to."

Two gold coins were slid across the counter top. Nami glanced down in awe, the price would only really be one gold coin.

"Stop just handing out money! You're going to waste everything we have, count before okay?" the man scolded.

"I don't use money too much, give me a break." She pouted in response. "I'm starving, do you know of any good places to get a bite to eat around here?"

"My mother owns a bakery that's just next door. The food is all really good, you should check it out." 

Nami handed the two a room key and watched as they made their way up the stairs behind the counter to where they would be staying.