Chapter 1

The Kaijin Kingdom lay hushed as the evening sun began to set below the Balbad Mountains. The castle was drenched in a brilliant orange as well as most of the countryside that surrounded it. The Kaijin people began to light lanterns for the night and the kingdoms city square became lively with its citizens.
The castle, on the other hand, sat silent. Only a few servants moved about in the kitchen and cleaning areas as they went about their chores.
One servant seemed distraught as he ran through the halls, his footsteps breaking the stillness of the air as he burst through the doors to the throne room.
"Y-Your highness! He's been spotted."
The servant was out of breath as he bowed before the king who sat on his throne. The sun was setting behind them and the light poured in through the windows, casting the thrones in shadows.

The Kings three children looked visibly unnerved by the news, the King looked relieved.

"Good...He's been under our radar for almost a year now, it's about time they find him. What's the news then?" The King inquired.

"He's been spotted in Romina, he's taken shelter in the humans lands. The last we've seen of him, he was with a girl."

"Is that so? Good...then everything is going as planned. Send some shadows after him, this can't be easy for him, understand?"

"Yes sire, anything else?"

"No, that is all. Just keep an eye on him."

The servant left the hall, and the eldest son shifted in his seat.

"You're not planning on killing him, are you?" The eldest asked, looking at his father.

"Of course not, it's the soldiers I worry about. Just a little while longer, my children, you'll have your brother back soon enough." The king stood up, his cape trailing behind him as he made his way out of the room. The siblings soon followed their father, exchanging looks between one another, the three also exited the room and it fell silent. The largest throne looked menacing while four sat behind it, two on each side, one covered in dust.