Chapter Five

Louis’ neck was absolutely sore. He sat up and rolled his head on his shoulders before standing up from the couch. He stretched out his arms above his head and pushed his stomach out to stretch his back. Louis looked at the clock and saw it was nine at night. “Just in time” he thought to himself, impressed he woke up with an hour before work.

He walked to the toilet, rubbing his eyes and letting out a yawn as he did so. He was still recovering from the previous night out, but was pretty sure he could get through work. When he entered the bathroom he saw all his clothes on the floor and had a thought to pick them up, but instead he continued to the toilet and peed. He quickly washed his hands, but stepped on something hard when he headed back out.

“Shit,” he breathed when he realized the hard object was his phone. Once he pulled the device from his pants pocket, he unlocked it to see he had a single text. He tapped his screen and pulled up a message from Harry that read “have a good night.”

A smile crossed his face. It was a simple message, but Louis knew how much love came with it. After spending a night with Harry, the morning was always awkward, but it never took long for things to get back to normal. Louis always appreciated Harry’s effort to make sure of that. He stepped out of the restroom, his phone still in his hand as he searched for a response.

As he was about to type back his phone began ringing. Eleanor.

“Hello there,” Louis answered with a wide grin on his face.

“Hi Lou. You up for work?” he heard from the end.

“Aww did you call just to make sure I wouldn’t oversleep?”

“Maybe,” Louis smiled. “or maybe I just wanted to remind you to pick your clothes up from the floor.” 

“Never. That’s your job.” He playfully responded.

“We’ll see about that Tommo.”

“Bringing out the nicknames are we?”

“Oh yeah it’s on. Have a good night babe. I gotta go. Love you.”

“Love you too. Go save some lives.”

“Yes sir,” Eleanor said before ending the call.

Louis was ready to start his night.            

----------

“What do you mean your schedule is cleared?” Zayn asked from behind Niall.

“I was supposed to get rid of all the oysters tonight, which Henry offered to take, but Casey is such a cunt and didn’t believe me. And since I’m not staying here, she said I can’t work next week.” Niall said before turning around and raising his hand for a cab.

Niall was too calm about the whole situation however, making Zayn suspicious. “Niall always jokes about living off Harry, but is he actually considering that to be an option?” Zayn thought. He was so confused about Niall’s attitude about the situation.

“Why doesn’t she just fire you?” Zayn asked, trying to make some sense of the situation.

“That’s a good point. Why doesn’t she just fire you if you piss her off so much?” Henry chuckled, making his presence known to Zayn again.

“Her dad was the one who hired me and basically he can only fire me. Something about him having good judgment and how he’s never wrong.” Niall turned his head and said with a smile. “Basically her father would have to see for himself that I’m messing up, but I’m never doing anything wrong so it would be pointless.” Niall further explained as a cab came to a stop in front of him.