03 - Platform Nine and Three-Quarters

Yugi smiled as he placed one last thing in his trunk: a photo of all of the members of the Mutou family before his parents died and Jessie sealed herself into the locket Yugi never took off. It was supposedly taken soon after Yugi was born and brought home. A seventeen-year-old Jessie stood in the middle holding a baby Yugi. To her left stood a slightly younger-looking Solomon Mutou. Finally, to her right, stood their father, Kai Mutou, holding their mother, Yuki Mutou, to his side.

He felt a familiar coldness surround him and he accepted it. A familiar and calming voice spoke softly. "Yugi, you need to hurry up. You don't want to be late for your train, do you?" Jessie asked.

Yugi was nervous about the school. He turned to his sister. "Jess?" Jessie tilted her head. "How... How was Hogwarts for you? Did you like Hogwarts when you attended?"

Jessie blinked before smiling softly. "You're nervous, aren't you, Brother?" Yugi nodded. "Don't be. I will admit that some of the teachers there might be strict and somewhat harsh, but don't take it personally; they just want you to pass. I don't know about your fellow students... But whatever you do, don't judge a house on rumors you've heard. For example, people say that Slytherin is the house of the evil wizards and witches. But not everyone from Slytherin is evil." Jessie sighed dreamily. "After all, my fiancée, Meli, was in Slytherin and she was the sweetest girl you could ever meet..."

Jessie giggled before looking back at Yugi and kissing the boy's head. "What I'm trying to say is don't allow others to influence your opinions of things. I know this isn't likely with you since you tend to look for the good in people... But still. Be careful, brother..." Jessie smiled one last time before disappearing into the locket she called home.

Yugi smiled. He was feeling better now that his sister had cheered him up. He turned and closed the trunk before calling out a name.

"Pipsy!"

There was a popping sound and a house elf stood in the room. Pipsy wasn't Yugi's house elf; Ryou had been mailing Yugi since they met a month ago and told him that Yami said that should Yugi need a house elf for anything to call for Pipsy. Apparently Yami had decided to share his ownership of Pipsy with Yugi.

Yugi smiled at the elf and knelt down in front of her. "Hello, Pipsy." He rubbed the elf's head, causing the female to smile brightly. "Think you can help me get my trunk to the train? Grandpa's magic isn't as stable anymore and I can't use mine." He showed her a cookie he was hiding. "You can have this if you help."

Pipsy nodded eagerly. "Pipsy will help! Pipsy always happy to help Young Master Mutou! Young Master Mutou is very kind to Pipsy!"

Yugi giggled and gave the cookie to Pipsy. "Of course. You're a good elf; I've had no reason to get mad at you." He stood and smiled. "Now, if you please..." Pipsy nodded and started levitating the trunk.

Yugi then walked out of his room, Pipsy following him. He walked downstairs where his grandfather was waiting. His grandfather blinked at the house elf. "Um... Yugi? Did you get a house elf without asking?"

Yugi shook his head but then blushed. "No... But there's something I have to tell you..." He watched as Solomon tilted his head. "I... started talking to a boy a couple years ago..." Solomon was about to say something but interrupted. "It was through letters! I haven't met him yet but... Jessie said we were friends when we were children and that our parents were negotiating a courting contract that would begin when we started schooling. We got to talking and after a year, we decided to get betrothed..." Yugi blushed. "I think I love him Gramps... Of course I won't know for sure until I meet him but... I know I have some feelings for him...." Yugi then bowed. "Please don't be mad! It was a mutual agreement! He even gave me shared ownership for Pipsy as an engagement gift!"