Chapter One

Hannah’s POV

My foot was tapping uncontrollably knowing that any minute I was going to meet the boys I’ve been dreaming of for so long. The five boys were only ten feet away from me sitting at a table next to each other, and my nerves were definitely getting the best of me. Niall was even more flawless in person then I could have ever imagined. I was relieved to see he was sitting at the far end of the table so I would have time to collect myself before I got to finally meet him. A million different things were running through my mind as I was trying to rehearse what I was going to say to him in my head.

I have been waiting to meet you for so long! No. Too boring. They must hear that all the time.

I can die happy knowing that I finally met you guys! Too desperate.

So… how are you liking America? Too casual.

I have been a fan since the X-Factor. Glad your dreams could come true! Too cheesy!

What the heck was I supposed to sa— All of a sudden my thoughts were interrupted.

“Hannah! How do I look? Do I still smell like horses!? Oh my god, I’m freaking out. I hope Louis likes the book I brought!” McKenzie seemed as frantic as me.

“Don’t worry, you look gorgeous. And I think you have on enough Victoria’s Secret perfume to last you a year!” We both chuckled. “Oh, and I don’t know, but I think he may have liked a Lamborghini better…”

“Oh shush it Hannah! I’m so nervous right now, oh my god.”

Kenzie and I have known each other since we met in preschool and have been best friends ever since. Even though her real name is McKenzie, it bugged her when people didn’t just call her by her nickname, Kenzie. Often, we even joke that we have separation anxiety from each other. Our inside jokes have become a language of their own over the years and we both have always been deeply passionate about horseback riding too. That’s part of the reason why we’re here.

You see, we are currently in Saugerties, New York where One Direction(whom we most affectionately refer to as ‘our boys’) are performing for three nights at the fair grounds where our horse show also happens to be located at. Kenzie and I will both be here all week showing each of our horses. Kenzie is showing her horse Citrine in the four-foot jumper division and I’m showing my horse Dream in the 3’9” equitation division. When we heard there was going to be a meet-and-greet today, we both almost had heart-attacks. Neither of us managed to buy concert tickets before they sold out for the three nights they are here in Saugerties.

I watched as Kenzie handed a man the book Meltdown by Ben Elton that she was dying to have signed. She had the page that read “’No!’ Jimmy protested.” bookmarked especially for Louis. The man passed the book to Zayn, who was sitting first at the table.

“Excuse me miss, what do you want signed?” I had been day-dreaming about everything that is going on this week that I hadn’t realized it was my turn in line to meet the boys.

“Excuse me miss. We really need to keep the line going.” The huge security guard was wearing a black suit and sunglasses as he towered over me and was starting to seem agitated.

“Oh, I’m so sorry! I-I uh, I would love to get this, uh, this yearbook signed, I guess.” I handed the man my One Direction yearbook and gave him a weak smile. I could tell he was used to girls being flustered and he smiled back sympathetically.

Despite her previous nerves, Kenzie seemed confident when she finally was greeted by Zayn.

“Hi Zayn.” Kenzie said in a cheerful yet calm tone.

Zayn looked down at the book Kenzie wanted signed and laughed. It was the same book Louis had been reading from in Week 7 of their video diaries while the boys were on The X-Factor.

“Oh god! The boys are gonna love this!” he laughed again and shook his head as he signed it and handed it Liam.

McKenzie’s POV

“Have a lovely day doll.” Zayn winked at me and I felt my stomach do a somersault. I looked over and Hannah was bursting with excitement as Zayn looked up at her while biting his lip.

“Hey sweetheart! How’s it going?” Liam said as he looked me in the eyes with a charming little smile on his face.

“Really great, and you?” Really great? REALLY GREAT? Who was I kidding!? I was fucking fantastic! I think my ovaries might explode from all this hotness!

“Quite loving America so far! The fans are great.” he looked excited and I was proud to be a Directioner. He placed my book in front Harry and then leaned over the table to me and whispered, “The book is just perfect too.” He laughed and sat back down in his chair.

“Thanks,” I laughed as I glanced down at it. I felt accomplished for picking something so perfect for them to sign.

Harry was still sharing a laugh with Louis as I stood in front him waiting my book to be signed. He playfully smacked Louis on the chest before picking up my book and looking up at me. He scanned my face, then looked back down to the book again. He paused for a minute as if he was trying to take everything in. All of a sudden, he absolutely burst out laughing and I started to see tears creeping out of the corners of his eyes. He leaned over the table and then back in his chair as he was dying laughing and scribbled his signature next to the other boys’ on the inside cover.

Louis jotted his signature down for girl in line ahead of me and told her to have a lovely day before he turned to Harry, his face plastered with confusion.

“What’s so funny Haz!?” Louis yelled and he pushed Harry’s shoulder. Harry gasped for air and handed Louis my book. Louis was speechless. His mouth was wide open as he looked up at me and I just shrugged my shoulders and giggled.

Louis finally spoke, “This is down right, the best thing a fan has ever had us sign.” He flipped open the book and went to sign the inside cover.

“Wait!” I put my hand out to stop him from signing the book next to the other boy’s signatures. When I put my hand out in front of his, our fingertips touched and I felt a spark. His head shot up immediately and our eyes locked. It seemed like the moment was frozen in time. I then quickly glanced down and blushed. As I went to pull my hand away from his, he grabbed my fingertips and held my hand in his. I looked back up at him sharply and we locked eyes again before he said, “What was I waiting for again?”

“I, uh, had a special page for you to sign,” I said. He let go of my hand and I flipped to the page bookmarked for him. “Right here,” I pointed next to the line the said ‘No! Jimmy protested.’

Louis laughed and bit his lip. “I like you,” he said and he looked back down at the page. I saw him write a little note, although I was unsure of what it said, and then sign his name very clearly, unlike how he scribbled it down for the girl before me, before closing the book again.

Louis POV

Who was that girl? Why didn’t I ask her for her name?

Her long brunette hair was in perfect waves that framed her face flawlessly. She had a petite figure and was an appropriate height. Adorable freckles kissed her face and her green eyes were like no other I’ve seen. I couldn’t help but watch her when she giggled as Niall signed her book. Her smile was stunning, as well.

Besides the fact that she was clearly very fit, she had a great sense of humor that I knew would go along perfectly with mine. But that wasn’t all, the way she looked down and blushed after we met eyes, or the way I felt a spark when her hand touched mine had me entranced.

I knew I had to see her again, and before I knew it she was walking away.

I hoped that she would read the note I left her in her book.

Like what you see? Follow our blog http://fantasies1d.tumblr.com/