Chapter Five

Niall's POV

“Hannah! Hi.” I waved while making my way over to her, giving Louis and Kenzie some alone time. Which I didn't mind doing because I haven't stopped thinking about Hannah since I met her a few hours ago. As dumb as it sounds, I was crazy about her, but I just didn't know why. I had only ever exchanged a few words with her.

She stood next to a big white horse that looked like it was about to fall asleep. Not anything like the beast Kenzie was handling that almost took my life. Hannah stared at me with a confused look on her face. She looked beautiful, dressed in a navy polo and tan riding pants. Navy was most definitely her color, it made her eyes look so bold. Her hair was still in the braid down the side of her head, a few strands of hair stuck out from the sides of her helmet, making her look even more adorable. I wanted so badly to tuck them behind her ear.

“N-Niall? What are you doing here?” I couldn't help but smirk at how cute she was when she was confused.

“Me and Louis came down here to try out some of the fair food while the rest of the lads went back to the hotel, we're just kind of... exploring now.” I gave her a confident grin we weren't trying to find you guys or anything...

Hannah's POV

Is this real life? Did Niall Horan actually just walk over here to talk to me? At first I didn't know it was him. He does a good job of blending in, hair tucked in a hat, and hiding behind a pair of sun glasses. It was his voice that gave him away. You don't hear a heavy Irish accent too often here in the US.

I was rather surprised to hear him calling my name, I never would have expected him to remember it. I'm just an average girl, really nothing spectacular at all, so why did her seem so interested in me? Not that it bothered me, it just felt strange. How could someone like me possibly even be associated with someone like him? It just doesn't work that way. He could probably get any girl he wanted. Maybe he's just being nice because he knows that there is something going on between Louis and Kenzie.

“How did you remember my name?” he switched his gaze and looked me in the eye.

He stayed quiet a few seconds before answering “Because no one could ever forget a girl like you.”

I searched his face for a smirk or some sign to let me know that he was bullshitting me, but I could tell he ment it, and coming from a guy like Niall, I believed it. We starred into each others eyes for a bit, he was just to perfect. Just seeing him made me self conscious.

When I actually realized what I was doing, I looked down and blushed in embarrassment, causing him to crack a smile at my awkwardness.

“So this is your horse?” he reached out and patted Dream on the neck.

“Yes, this is Dream, and I promise you that I will not let her run you over!” we both giggled.

“And you're showing here all week?”

“Yeah tomorrow, Thursday, and Saturday.” I explained to him as we made our way back to the barn, walking side by side. I liked the way he made me feel. It wasn't like I was talking to a celebrity, I was talking to a completely normal kid.

“That's really cool, I barely know anything about horses, I didn't even know it was this competitive either.” he shoved his hands into his Jack Wills hoodie, “You know, I'm gonna be here all week, would you mind if I came and watched?”

“Of couse I don't mind!” I said with a little too much excitement, “I'm just not sure what time I will be riding at.”

“You can text me.” He turned his head toward me, “here” he took his hand out of his pocket and extended it “let me see your phone.”

I reached into the small pocket on my breeches and took out my iphone. I obediently handed it to him and watched as he saved his name and number in my contacts before handing it back.

“You're coming to the concert tonight, right?”

“Umm, no. We couldn't get tickets.” I felt guilty telling him.

“I think I can work something out.” he said with a smirk than gave me a wink.

We entered the barn and began to walk down rows and rows of stalls. He looked down at his phone and was reading a message.

“Harry said that I'm needed back at the hotel so the management can go over a few things with us.” he looked rather disappointed to tell me this “but be at the concert arena for 7:30 and text me when you get there, I will have someone take you in the back entrance. Take Kenzie with you too, I'm sure Louis would love that. We will let you guys watch from back stage.”

“You're the best” I let the happiness spread across my face.

“But I have to go now” he gave me a sad face “but I'll see you later” he said before kissing me on the cheek and turning around to leave the barn.