Chapter 9

The next day I was discharged from the hospital. I was given the strongest antidepressant along with a different pill to help with my anxiety. I told Kazuto about the depressant but not the anxiety pill.

He had walked me home from the hospital with his hard gripping mine tighter than usual. He still thinks my mom is abusing me for no reason but I deserve it. Also, I'm not even depressed just sad sometimes.

Either way when our feet hit my porch he pulled me in for a hug. His arms were wrapped around my shoulders with his face in my neck. My arms slipped up to hold him around the waist.

"Please don't do that again." I swallowed knowing that I couldn't promise anything.

"I'll try not to." Kazuto slowly pulled away and moved his hands up to my face and held it as if I were a glass ball. His forehead was against mine as our breathing slowly began to match each others. While we stood my hands moved up to cup the outside of his.

"Asuna, if anything happens or someone tries to hurt you in anyway call me right away. I don't care what time it is just... Please call." I moved my face away from his and nodded despite knowing I wouldn't.

"I have to go now my mom she-" The door unlocked and opened revealing her standing there. She uncrossed her arms and walked to stand next to me. Her arm rested across my shoulders.

"Oh is this the boy you've told me so much about? Isn't he the one who came to save you?" I nodded sheepishly as she squished me into her side.

"Well then, I want to thank you for saving my daughter from her selfish act." My eyes grew as I looked away from him and to the ground.

"Mrs. Yuki, if I may, her actions weren't selfish at all she just wanted an escape." She stepped away from me and laughed.

"An escape? An escape from what! She has the perfect life!" She towered over top of him. I couldn't see her face but knowing her it was probably be red by now.

"I mean no harm Mrs. Yuki but, I don't think it is safe for her to be here when you are mad. Your negative energy will rub off on her and she might start to be sad again. I'll bring her home either later tonight or tomorrow morning." She gasped and stood back up to turn to me.

"Asuna! Are you just going to stand there and let him talk to me like this?" I looked between the two and saw Kazuto giving me pleading eyes while hers dug swords down into me.

"Mother I think he's right. Being around your negative energy won't help me out very much. I'll be back either tonight or tomorrow." She walked inside and slammed the door behind her without another word. I brought my arms up to hug myself as tears began to form. I don't know why she hates me more than she did before SAO but I wish I knew. Maybe if I knew I could change and she would like me.

I finally broke down when I felt a pair of arms pull me into them. My walls came crashing down but I couldn't let them. I needed to build them back up but how? How could I after he's saw me like this? I wiggled around in an attempt to push him off but it only made him tighten his hold on me more.

"No Asuna. You can't keep pushing me away." My arms left my sides and ran up his chest to rest around his neck. I pulled my face up from him for a moment to see his face. He stood with silent tears pooling down his cheeks.

"I won't let her hurt you anymore. Okay?" I nodded quickly and covered my mouth with my hand as I laid back down to his chest. He rubbed my arms and back for however long it took me to calm down. Finally as I pulled and wiped my tears away, we started down the road.

When we stepped up into his house Sugu ran up to hug me. I wrapped her into my arms and held her tightly.

"Are you doing alright now? This is your first day out right?" I pulled away and nodded.

"I'm doing much better already and yes it is my first day out."  She giggled while pulling away and began to happily clap her hands.

"Oh that's great! Are you spending the night as well? Would you like something to eat?" I nervously blushed and looked to Kazuto. He chuckled and moved over to wrap his arm around my waist.

"Calm down Sugu you're going to scare her away." She stopped all movements and glanced between us before giggling and bowing slightly.

"My apologies, Asuna. I'm going to go to Alfheim now. I hear there is a tournament going on tonight and whoever wins receives a special item." She smiled at us once more before running off to her room. I looked to Kazuto just as he looked down to me.

"Would you like anything to eat though?" I shook my head while waving my hand.

"No I'm alright for now. Thank you though." He nodded and then guided me to his room. It was clean except for his desk. The bed was made and the shelves were organized but it looked like he dumped the contents of his bookbag right down onto the desk.

"What happened there?" I asked pointing to the pile of books, papers, pencils and who knows what else.

"Oh I uh was doing homework." I let out a loud laugh. With that kind of mess there is no way he would've been able to accomplish anything.

"Kazuto, there is no way you did homework there." His face turned red as he reached up to scratch the back of his neck.

"Yea well, I tried." He moved over and sat down on his bed. I smoothed out my outfit as I walked over to sit next to him. Immediately he wrapped his arm around me and moved us so that we were leaning against the wall.

"I want you to feel safe with me and trust me. I don't want to force you to do or say something you don't want to but I need to fully know what's going on. I don't ever want to see you in pain." I sighed and curled up into him.

"Don't hate me, okay?" He pulled me close and kissed the top of my head gently.

"I could never." With an agonizing silence filling the room, I took a deep breath and began to explain everything that has been going on.