Chapter 17

Swords on swords. That's all it was for nearly three hours. Throughout the battle both of us got hits on each other. Her health was just a bit lower than mine.

As her weapon hit across my shoulder I pulled away and stopped to breathe. It was in that moment I wished all my friends were here to help fight but they aren't going to show up.

Not after I yelled at them.

So I stood up as much as I could and ran towards her again. She was able to block my attack making me bounce back. Just as I went to swing again my arms got grabbed on both sides. My feet were lifted up from the ground letting me try to kick the people behind me.

The lady walked over to me and smirked as the people holding onto me tightened their grip. I continued to struggle as she tore the black sword from my grasp. She placed it down on my shoulder and pressed the blade against my neck, not breaking the skin.

"I won't kill you." I clenched my teeth. What is the point of going through all that trouble if she won't just finish it? She popped her lips and turned away.

"I'm going to get revenge for Kuradeel."  My eyes widened after I realized what she meant. I began to struggle again watching as she walked over to where Asuna was hung up. I pulled and kicked but nothing seemed to work. Tears began to pool from both of our eyes as we watched each other.

The girl finally reached her and dug my sword into her wrist. Asuna let out an ear pitching scream. In return the girl laughed in her face and pulled it out. Once again, I tried so hard to pull away from them but I couldn't do it. I couldn't get away.

My sword was once again inside of her only on her thigh this time. I bit my lip trying to get away or for her to stop. To do anything to keep this from happening but how? How am I supposed to win this battle?

She removed it from her and looked over to me. Tears dripped down my face, showing weakness in front of others for the first time. As the leader smirked and walked over to me Asuna looked up again. Pools of blood were overflowing down her making puddles appear on the ground beneath her.

"How is she bleeding?" I spat out when she stood in front of me. She took the sword and once again placed it under my chin.

"A hack. I wanted her to be a mess so that you can feel the pain I felt when you took away everything I had!" I flinched back from her. "Now, Kirito. Feel the pain I felt when I watched you dig your fist through him!" In the blink of an eye she was stood in front of Asuna. She now had a line going from just a over her breasts the whole way down below her belly button.

"No!" They finally let go of me as I scrambled to get out a healing crystal and make it to her at the same time. But by the time I had made it she had already vanished. I stood, heart pounding miles a second, with sweat dripping down off of me. There is no way this can be real.

I spun around and faced the whole group of people. The girl, who still hasn't revealed her name, threw my sword to my feet.

"You're a murderer. You killed your wife with your own weapon. How could you, Kirito?" My knees gave out on me making me fall to the ground.

I didn't save her.

Sobs began to rip through me. Everything we had planned was gone because I wasn't strong enough. But, I am strong enough to kill her.

My hand shook the whole way to the handle. It was so familiar to me but so foreign. This thing took away my whole world. With a heavy heart, I took my hand off of it and opened my inventory. The rules here were the same as in SAO for marriage. I still had every item she collected. So, I tapped on her sword and reached up behind my back to grab it.