chapter 2

Mulder and Scully weren't allowed to enter the office space. After everyone in the room died, the FBI ordered an internal lockdown.

That means no one was allowed in, and no one was allowed out. They would have to wait for the area to be cleared.

"What do you know about what happened?" Mulder asked David, who was in the office next to the victims'.

"I was doing some spreadsheets," he said, "And they all just started falling on the floor." "Alright, thank you" said Mulder.

"So, a disease" said Scully. "That's what it sounds like" said Mulder, staring into the room.

"The Hazmats should be here soon" said Mulder. "Good" said Scully, "I want to get in there soon.
1 Hour later

"Please move out of the way!" yelled a Hazmat team member. They ordered everyone out of the lobby they were in, and into the room adjacent to the lobby.

Mulder and Scully watched from the door window in front of everyone. The Hazmats were spraying chemicals, scanning bodies, and inspecting the room.

They came back out and burned their suits. "You're clear to go in" said a Hazmat member, "But the virus didn't start in there" he said, pointing at the room.

"What are you saying?" asked Mulder. "That this virus can be anywhere in this building" he said.

Mulder and Scully stood with fearful looks on their faces.