Rank 12

That sound- the best part of every weekday- The Freedom Bell that rings Monday-Friday at 2:10 pm. I walk out of Mr.Ferch's Algebra class- Or more like I'm getting pushed out- with the crowd of my peers. I look over to find my group of 2 friends, and also my ride home, standing against my locker, waiting for me.

Nellie Quahn, 17. Junior. Rank 9

Yessica De Verde, 16. Junior. Rank 8.5

At Caravelle High School there is a Rank chart 1-12 created by the seniors of class '92 (surviving over 2 decades) based on the 3 things that make you popular. 1) Hot-ness , 2)Style , and 3) Attitude. And Honestly seeing them standing at my locker together, smiling and laughing and interacting with each other, it's not hard to pick out the "It" bunch. To look at them waiting for me made me feel special. Yessica standing on the far left with her bergandy hair wand curled and unusually tamed into a messy high bun with a few strands curled about outside of the bun. I still remember the day she bleached and Died it accidentally freshman year. She thought the bleach was conditioner and then the red dye spilled from the top shelf over all 3 of us. The bleach that she had sitting in her hair made the red stay, our red washed off within a few days. Nellie stood in the middle with her lower-back-lengthed almond brown hair straight and shinny and her picture perfect teeth creeping from behind her unstoppable smile. Then, there was Kole... "THE" Kole, jet black short curly hair and eyes an electrifying light brown. Oh! I saved the best for last.

Last and a little late but definitely not least, Koleton Hering, 17 Junior. Rank.... 12

I was breathless just dreamily staring at Kole, and there he stood smiling a smile so warm that I dreamed of marrying and settling down with. A smile so contagious that I even started smiling by just watching. My dreamy view was then turned into a horror movie as Nellie swooped in and pecked his cheek. It tortured my mind in such a painful slow motion that i could see his creamy skin turn red momentarily outlining Nellie's rosey lips. A shot to the heart and- if Nellie ever found out, a stab to the back.

"Adri!" Yessica calls as she notices me standing there. I snap out of my trance and walk over to them. Kole turns to his locker, 2 lockers down from mine, and talks to 2 approaching guys.

"Hey, Yessica." I said accidentally sounding both sad and hurt.

"What's wrong?" Nellie concerningly asked, placing a caring hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing." I lied, which was a bad idea since i grew up with these girls.

"We know when you're lying Adri." Nellie says, Yessica nods in agreement.

"Honestly," I cracked under their pressure, "I- Well- it's not important."

They simultaneously roll their eyes at each other, then Yessica steps closer to me, "It is important, You're Important to us."

"It's a... ummm. It's a guy," I blush in embarrassment as they squeal in excitement. Kole turns from his locker, kisses Nellie and leaves. Our eyes pass and though he looks at me he sees right past me not even acknowledging my existence on earth alone, better yet the same school.

And there you have it:

Adrianna Berlin, 16. Junior Rank................. -5

"Guys I would rather not," I said.

"Fine, we'll pry later, but for now let's go or we will be late," Nellie pulls my shoulder since my arms were full of books.

"Where exactly?" I ask snatching away from her grasp.

"The Fall Ball is weeks away and I've got to find a dress." Nellie says like this should be second nature to me.

"Oh God," I groaned and stopped but Nellie goes behind me and pushes me to the end of the hall.