Chapter 12 - Emotional Breakdown No. 7

**************************
Alrighty! Sorry for the massive break! I had a lot of stress with school and there was a bit of a family crisis, but I am back!! I will try my best to update about 3 times over Christmas, maybe more if I get enthusiastic. :)
Thank you for the support!
***************************

I went back to my room and sat on the bed. Pepper had clearly been in as on the desk there was a bottle of shampoo, conditioner, a pair of jeans and a jumper. I figured she was hinting that I should have a shower, which was fair, because I was still covered in blood and smelled of singed hair. I grabbed the two bottles and stepped into the en suite.
The warm water felt odd on my skin. As I rubbed the shampoo into my hair I noticed several large clumps came loose in my hands, washing down the drain like tiny creatures in the water. The water also got me to confront my new scar. An ugly spatter of whitish-pink was thrown across my upper torso where the bullet had hit me... and been spat out again. The scar was raised and devoid of feeling, like a chunk of plasticine had been crudely pushed in where my skin once was. It felt wrong. I gently placed my left hand over it and allowed the warmth to pulse through, creating a golden flow of energy that curled around my hand. It was very calming to watch, and I allowed it to continue for longer than was actually needed to heal the scar.

When I was finished, I gently stepped out and lightly towelled my hair. I lightly touched the the bald patches. They felt rough and uneven, so I made the hair push back up from the roots, into my familiar tight curls. It always looked shorter than it really was. I gently pulled at one of the strands, trying to work out the new length. Slightly shorter than before, but you couldn't really tell. I shrugged it off and pulled the jumper on. When I had taken my clothes off before the shower I had discovered that the underwire in my bra had partly melted, as had a lot of my clothing, and had stuck to my skin. This meant that I now had no bra, and only one pair of pants, which was a bit awkward when I was in a house full of strangers. I yanked the jumper over my head and discovered that it was too big and hung off one shoulder. On Tia or mum it would have looked like a style, but on me it made me look even smaller and more child like. I pulled the jeans up my legs, towelled my hair one last time and walked out into my new room.
I finally took a second to appreciate the view, after all, it's not every day that you get a free trip to New York. I sat down and watched the cars crawling along in the afternoon traffic. The congestion on the road suddenly made me realise I had no idea what time it was. I checked the clock: 5:23 pm. The events of the day rushed past my eyes and I felt dizzy. The burns bubbled back on my face, my vision clouded and I fell backwards onto the floor.
"Oh god," I scrambled to the toilet and pulled myself over it, dry heaving and spluttering. I eventually sat back and gulped at the air. I waved a hand over my face to heal it, the familiar gold dusting itself over my eyes and cheekbones, trying to relax and stop shaking.