Friends

The song for this chapter is Chasing You Down by: RUNAGROUND

Madison's Pov

It's suffocating. The fire is. Here I sit surrounded by the bad kids and I'm not happy. Why?

Maybe it's because it's Friday night and I only went to Alex's party for only a half an hour. Or maybe it's because I miss Ethan. He was my best friend and now I can't even talk to him.

Jasper and I haven't been dating that long and I already feel like he's trying to control me. He tells me who I can and can't see and talk to. He tells me what to wear. He tells me where I can and can't go.

My heart aches as I come across Ethan's contact in my phone. Jasper told me to block his number but I couldn't. I sighed and stared into the burning flames.

"Come on, we're going to a hotel." Jasper said grabbing my arm. I feared from what was to come. "No." I told the drunk Jasper. "No?" He questioned. He pulled me up against his toned body and kissed me roughly.

The kiss was disgusting and hard. His lips tasted of gross alcohol and liquor. I pulled away and tugged trying to get away from his tight grip.

"Let her go!" Amy said running to me. How was she here? I thought this was a private party. Unless Jasper lied, which he usually does.

Then I saw Ethan's friend Zane right behind Amy. Amy tugged at Jasper begging him to let me go. Jasper then slapped me across the face and yelled. "Stupid whore!"

He finally let go and there was a bruise forming from where his hand was tight on my arm. "Where's Ethan?" I asked. "He's at his house. He hasn't come out of his room ever since the incident." Zane said.

I have to go there. I have to apologize. He probably hates me though. Geez, Madi he likes you just stop. "Will you take me to his house?" I ask. Zane shakes his head. "Madison I don't think that's such a good idea at the moment."

"Is he with someone?" I ask. Zane shakes his head again. "Then what is it?" I ask. "He's just been a wreck." Zane says scratching the back of his neck. "Fine, I'll walk."

I began walking down the old dirt road in the cold of the night. "Madison!" Zane shouts. I turn around and he's holding up his keys. "I'll take you." He says.

I run back to the beach where his truck is parked. I hop into the passenger side of his truck and put my seatbelt on. I stare out the window as he gets in and starts his truck.

"Thank you." I mumble quietly. Out of the corner of my eye I watch him smirk. "No problem." He replies.

Within minutes we arrive at Ethan's house. "Thank you so much!" As fast as I can I unbuckle, get out and run inside.

The house is dark as I look around. "Mrs. Caylen?" I call out. "Jc?" There was no sign of his parents. I check the time. It's 1:28am. His parents were usually still up at this hour. They must be gone.

I run up to Ethan's room and try to open the door, but it's locked. I pull the two bobby pins out of my hair and pick the lock. I walk into Ethan's room and it smelt awful. As if he was working out and hasn't showered in days.

I stare at his body sprawled out on to his bed. He's asleep. I close the door gently and walk over to him. "Oh Ethan." I say as I kneel beside his bed. Gently, I push his hair back out of his eyes.

"You were right." I mutter. "About everything. Jasper is a horrible person." I tear up and close my eyes. "I'm so sorry." I sob.

After letting a few tears fall I open my eyes to see Ethan looking back at me. He always was a light sleeper. "Hush Madi." He says kissing my forehead. I only continue to cry.