Chapter two: The sweet smell

The inside of the house was simple, the walls were covered in pictures of Isabella, Charlie, and a woman, who I assumed was Isabella's mother. I looked around curiously.

" Your guys rooms are upstairs, c'mon." He led Isabella and I up the stairs, which I guess the bedrooms and the one bathroom were. He showed Isabella her room, I got a quick peak, it was purple.

He then showed me mine. " I wasn't sure what you liked so I got it painted pretty neutral. Figured you would like to decorate it yourself if your anything like your mother." He spoke awkwardly, leaning against the door way. I gaped, I had a bed, with a big window, the walls were grey, the bed was made of wood , and the blanket was a light blue. There was a desk in the corner, with a small lamp on it.

Above the bed was a poster, it was hockey. I grinned, a real one, It reached my eyes.

A laugh slipped out and I hopped on the bed, it was so soft! " Oh my God, I love it! Thank you!"

I said, over joyed. "Well gosh, your welcome Valentine." he then turned around and was about to walk down the stairs when I spoke up. "Oh and you can call me Val if you like." I smiled at him as he nodded.

Not long after that I pulled out my laptop and put that on my desk. Time to play some tunes.

I clicked Pandora and then turned down the volume. Some Paramore came on. I unpacked all my things, which to be honest wasn't much. At the bottom of my bag there was a photo graph of my mother, she was smiling, her tawny eyes were bright. I swallowed and put it on the back of my desk.

I laid down and stared at the ceiling. The vampire part of me made it hard to sleep, I could still sleep but it was kind of like I had insomnia. Eventually I fell asleep around three AM.

I opened my eyes and I was in a forest? It looked like one. I spun around hearing a twig snap behind me.

Out stepped a massive dark grey wolf, it had it's head bowed but it's piercing eyes kept looking at me.

I don't know why but it's eyes were inviting, they screamed "I'm safe, I won't hurt you." I took a step forward, my eyes locked with the wolves. My hand reach out to stroke the wolves soft looking fur.

"Valentine!" I froze, someone was calling my name, it sounded like a male with a southern accent. I turned away from the wolf to see a man, my vison was blurry. Suddenly the massive wolf jumped over me with a deep, rumbling snarl. I screamed.

I shot up out of bed, breathless. The dream was so real, I thought I was gonna see the wolf when I woke up but no. I was alone. I grabbed my phone to check the time, it was only 6 AM. I only got 4 hours of sleep. I think I'll make it, I just need a cup of coffee, or a pitcher.

I rolled out of bed,shoving my blanket to the side. Quickly I threw on a red long sleeved shirt, it was little big but I liked it. After that I put on black leggings, grabbed my converse and then I was out my bedroom door. It felt weird calling it mine, I've never really owned anything before.

I raced down the stairs to see Isabella and Charlie talking while eating breakfast.

"Good morning Isabella, Charlie." I nodded at them. "Just Bella." Bella spoke up but didn't look at me.

"Good morning Val." Charlie said as he stood up from his seat at the small table.

"Val? what kind of name is that?" Bella said bitterly under her breath once Charlie was out of ear shot, I guess she thought I couldn't hear her. "It's short for Valentine, if you had paid attention yesterday you would have heard your father call me it." I informed her quietly. I grabbed some of the bacon and eggs that Charlie had made, I then seated myself across from Bella.