4. Lock The Window

It's still dark when my eyes opened from a noise. I frowned at my door so the person who was trying to knock and take some of my sleeping time would at least be a bit sorry. But the knob didn't turn and the door didn't open. I looked at my nightstand and saw that it was only 2:30 AM. Maybe I was dreaming. So I closed my eyes again and slept.

Then another knock came.

"Damn it," I hissed, throwing the covers away. I got up and almost shouted when the window opened. My brows creased together as I focused on who was coming inside my room. "Connor?" I asked incredulously. "What are you doing?"

He set foot in my room and grinned at me. "Just thought of dropping by," he said casually, shrugging it off.

I made a face. "What?" It came out almost breathless but irritated. "Thought of dropping by? Through my window? At this time? Are you serious?"

He pursed his lips, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "To answer all your questions, it's a yes and a yes and a yes and a yes. So it's all a yes."

"Why?" Then I looked down. My eyes widened and warmth crawled to my cheeks. I spun around and searched for my robe. Where the fuck is it?

"Something wrong?" Connor asked. I heard his footstep and I almost jumped off when I felt his cold hands on my shoulder. "Mary?"

The robe was like glittering behind the door. I ran for it and covered myself with it. The warmth was still on my cheeks. "Get out," I whisper-yelled, pointing to the window. I tugged my robe tighter around me.

He winced and shrugged but didn't do what I said. Instead, he walked over to my nightstand and picked the picture frame standing on it. "This is a nice picture," he commented.

"Connor, it's not the right time to comment something about a picture. It's late and I want to sleep. We're not even that close. Why are you doing this?" I asked. "We'd only been here for three days. You've known me for three days."

"Does the days matter?" he asked. His facial expression became serious.

For a second, I thought I saw something in his eyes but it disappeared fast.

"Just get out, Connor," I said, looking down at my feet.

"Mary." His voice was closer. I looked up again and he was only few inches away from me. "Why are you pushing me?"

"Why are you doing this?" I asked back. I stood my ground but he was advancing me. He touched me on my cheek. "Connor—" And then I found my lips on his again.

ღ ღ ღ

"How's your first week, Mary?" mom asked as she put pancakes on my plate. It's our first Saturday. Weird as it was, Ariel became nice to me. She even got my number yesterday so she could text me, her words not mine. She said that she wanted to bond with me like watch some movie or maybe even sleepover. She also asked if she could join me run. I didn't know what happened to her but I wasn't complaining about it.