Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven
Pep Rally
Alice

"So, he's really arriving today huh?" Edward asked me as we sat next to each other at the lunch table.

"Edward, for the last time calm down." I giggled. "Thomas and I are just going to be friends, that's all." I spoke soundly.

"Alright." Edward sighed, still worried.

"Is that him?" Emmett asked and I turned around to look towards the cafeteria doors.

A tall, dark skinned, long black haired boy had just walked into the cafeteria. He looked so out of place, so bored to be here, and my heart hurt for him knowing how much of a hard transition this would be for him. He was beautiful, don't get me wrong, but my god of a boyfriend outshines him any day.

"Yes, that's Thomas Black." I nodded. "He's going to be in our Biology class and my gym class last period."

"You're going to be alone with him?" Edward asked worriedly.

"Calm down." I told Edward, acting playfully authoritative. "He's just a friend."

"Then, what about the whole being happy and living a long life with him thing?" Emmett asked.

"That's just if something goes horribly wrong." I shuddered.

"Like what?" Edward asked.

"Like...your death." I sighed. "Which I haven't seen!" I quickly added. "Or if you for some reason decide to leave me or something else terrible that I don't wish to think about. Stuff like that." I nodded as the bell rang. "Let's get to class."

Biology was boring, the only thing really noticeable was that Thomas had smiled at me as he walked to his seat at the back, causing a jealous flare from Edward.

"Are you sure everything's going to be okay?" Edward asked me as we stopped outside the gym doors.

"Positive, see you after class." I giggled and entered the gym.

After getting dressed out I headed into the gym where Tom was quick to come up to me.

"Hey, you're Alice Brandon, right?" He asked me.

"Yes, and you're Thomas Black." I nodded. "But I'm gonna call you Tom." I giggled and he smiled brightly.

"Okay, Tom it is then." He chuckled. "You know, our dads are actually old friends. Apparently we used to play together all the time when you guys still lived in Forks." He smiled down at me.

"Yeah, yeah, I remember that." I smiled. "Good old Forks, Washington, I haven't been there since I was nine." I laughed.

"Yeah, I'm going to miss my cousins." He sighed.

"Well, I'm sure they'll miss you too." I smiled reassuringly at him.

"Yeah, well, I guess I'll talk to you later." He smiled at me as the coach called for our attention.

By the time Friday rolled around, the entire town new Edward and I were dating, much to Tom's dismay. Everyone was caught up in rumors. Most people thought that Edward was just taking pity on me because of my mother, others thought that I had my claws so deep into him that he just couldn't get away, and most of the guys thought that I was just really great in bed.

"Honestly, I don't know how much longer I can take hearing all of these disgusting thoughts about you." Edward grumbled at lunch one day as he shredded his apple.

"Just ignore them, I do." I giggled.

"Do you know what most of the boys are thinking about you?" He asked seriously.