· O N E ·

I repeat this, story will contain some gory stuff, not yet, but if you don't like to read stuff like this, please don't leave hate but just don't read the book. Thank you xx

-Phil-

The whole week I've had the feeling that something's off. It's been two weeks since the last murder has been committed. The victim was a girl named Isabelle and she used to be in my class. She was a lovely person and that's why I didn't understand why anyone would want to do such a horrible thing to her.
When they found her she was strangled and hung up to a tree branch. Her stomach was cut open and her intestines were hanging out of her dead body. The police officer told her family that she the murderer probably first cut her open before actually strangling her because she had bruises on her arms and in her face which made it look like she fought back.

I seriously tried not to throw up when I heard the story. Isabelle's family was killed two days after they found her body. Weird thing is, the murderer seems to do that all the time -or at least two times in a row now- first killing the youngest child, then the family. It was the second, dreadful murder that month and the whole town was frightened. Parents picked up their children from school and teens couldn't go outside alone anymore.
That was one of the reasons I was scared when I was walking home one evening. Reason two being me not liking to be alone in the dark and especially not when you have the feeling you're being followed. The thought of all the murders sent shivers down my spine and I walked faster trying to get rid of the stupid feeling.

I heard footsteps behind me, like somebody was following me. But when I build up enough courage to turn and look, the only thing I saw was an empty street in the light of the lamppost on the corner. Suddenly two arms wrapped themselves around my waist from behind. I felt someone's hot breath in my ear and yelled. I tried to spin around to see who held me but the man's grip on my waist only tightened.
"Better watch out baby, next time I won't be so careful." He left a kiss on my cheek and let go of me. When I turned around, the last thing I saw was the black of his coat disappearing around the corner. I searched for my phone to dial the alarm number but then noticed it wasn't there anymore.

People came out of their houses and asked me why I yelled so loudly whilst everyone was trying to sleep. They looked terrified when I told them someone grabbed me and stole my phone. I recognized one of the faces as Damien, he was Isabelle's best friend. He looked at the ground and I felt sorry for him. Everyone had calmed down a bit and went back into their houses but not before double checking the locks.

Damien walked up to me. "You shouldn't be walking home alone at night, let me give you a ride."
I nodded, being more scared than ever to be alone in the dark. He grabbed my arm a bit too harshly and dragged me to his car.
"Ouch, Damien, you're hurting me..." He didn't say anything and just tightened his grip on my arm. When sat in the car he drove off while I was giving the directions to my house.

~~~

"... And then you turn left here and then we're there." I finished my directions and he stopped in front of my house. I went to get out of the car but Damien grabbed my arm again before I could leave.

"Why?"

I didn't understand his question and it seemed to annoy him a lot.

"Don't act like you're stupid, Lester! Why didn't the guy kill you?!"

"I... I don't know...?"

"WHY PHIL?! Why did he have to kill Isabelle but not you?! Is it because you're a faggot? Is that guy a faggot too?! He should have killed you."

Everyone knew Phil was openly gay and nobody ever had made a problem about it so Damien's words felt like a kick right to the teeth.
-bmth anyone?-

"What is wrong with you?! I always thought you were nice! You're just a huge prick!"

With that I left the car and slammed the door behind me. I looked back one time and saw that Damien was staring at me with a look full of hate on his face.

Though, through the harsh expression I saw something more...

Guilt.