· F O U R ·

TRIGGER WARNING

I wake up lying in an unfamiliar bed and my wrist attached to an infuse. I stare at it, where once were thick red lines is now a clean white bandage. Tears well up in my eyes, and I start to pull the infuse from my wrist. I'm halfway done ripping my bandages off my wrists when a nurse hurries into the room.
"Stop it, you stupid child!" She yells at me and grabs my wrists to stop me from undoing those bandages. I scream out in pain and try pushing her away. Suddenly a doctor runs in with a syringe before I can do anything I can feel a sting in my arm. "That'll keep him quiet, at least for an hour."

- Phil -

I felt like I was going insane, I couldn't spend one more minute in this claustrophobic space without throwing something across the room. Defeated I crumbled down against the wall and pushed my knees up to my chest. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I pulled my hair. I had the urge to scream but then James would check on me and I didn't want him to see me like this.
More and more tears fell as I thought about how I was probably never going to see my family again. I buried my face in my hands and just sat there for what feels like hours.

My head shot up when I heard a knock and I heard James' soft voice through the door. "Are you okay, love? You've been quiet for the past two hours, I'm coming in."
I didn't answer but he came in anyway. I looked in his big brown eyes and saw something. I couldn't quite wrap my head around what it was but I was certain that I hadn't seen it before.

"Go away." I told him. "I don't need your pity."

James sat down beside me, he patted my knee and to my displeasure he left his hand on the spot he patted. I noticed a strangely familiar ring around his finger, but I couldn't remember what it was from. He squeezed my knee and that was too much for me. I moved my knee away and his hand fell on the ground with a thud.

"That's not very nice of you, you know. I'd appreciate it if you'd just let me get closer to you." He placed his hand on my face and stroked my cheek with his thumb. I could move my head away but that would probably just make the situation worse.

"See? It's not that diffidult now, is it?"

I grumbled something.

"What was that? I didn't hear you there."

"Hmm."

"One more time please?"

"I said, I guess not!" I said for the third time. "Good boy." He squeezed my cheek before removing his hand and standing up. He noticed the untouched pizza on the desk. "You need to eat love."

And he left, locking the door behind his back.

I take the plate off the desk and let the pizza slide into the bin. I won't eat until he brings me back home. So that's how I go to bed. Dirty, exhausted and hungry. I couldn't sleep though, not with the thought of the things that man could do to me.

- James -

The rusteling in the room next to me had stopped and I knew Phil went to bed. If only I could just be there with him, cuddling up to him while stroking his hair.

"Phil! Phil! Phil, please babe!" I cried into the night. "What's wrong baby? Another nightmare?" I nodded shakily and burried my head in Phil's neck, inhaling the fresh scent to calm myself down. "They were yelling at me Phil. I couldn't stop them, they killed you. I lost you. I lost..." I was cut off by Phil's soft lips being pressed against mine. My fears melted like snow in the sun.
I felt complete.
"Let's just go back to sleep, yeah? And if you have another of those dreams, I'll be here to protect you." I nodded and jawned while rubbing my eyes. Phil pulled me closer to his chest and I closed my eyes.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, Philly."

I opened my eyes and got kicked back into reality. All these memories. I bet Phil forgot, who I used to be. But it's better this way, he doesn't have to know.

Not yet, at least.

~~~

Hi beautiful potatoes!

I'm sorry this took so damn long, but procrastination is a bitch. Anyway, I'm also very sorry about this chapter being so short, but I hope you've still enjoyed!
Also thank you so much for the 300 reads, I love you all so much and can't thank you enough 💋