Chapter 6

A/N: My favourite chapter!!

6

Don’t hate the player.

(Jack’s point of view)

Aww shit, my room is messy. I decided I should probably give it a quick tidy before dad gets home. He’s all clean freak. Although, doesn’t actually do any cleaning himself.

I couldn’t be bothered to go to school last week, to face more girl drama, Chels, Tasha and Ashleigh. Ugh, I wish they would all just kiss and make up. That would be hot.

Speaking of Ashleigh, I haven’t talked to her all day. I know I broke up with her, and kind of horribly. I still wanted to be friends though, but she hasn’t been returning any of my calls, just the occasional text here and there since the Prom. I’m just not interested in someone in the middle of this drama. She brought it all on anyway. What, did she expect she could go out with her best friend’s ex and they would all play happy families?

I heard that the girls have been giving her a tough time at school, it’ll pass though, it always does, doesn’t mean she has to be distant with me. I didn’t do anything wrong. Well... nothing too major. Ugh, she’ll get over it. She’s always been a bit of a whinger.

I suppose I should maybe drop by her place for a few minutes, just to see if she’s alright. It’s the least I could do. I know she must be going through with the girls tormenting her. Well I guess I didn’t know, but I had a fair idea that it wouldn’t be pleasant.

No matter how I played them all, kept them liking me, they never seemed to catch on that I was the one hurting them; they always turned on each other. Made everything worse for them. I guess they were partly to blame but I’m not afraid to put my hands up and admit that hey, I played them all at one point or another. I still cared about them though. I just didn’t know who I wanted. Not Ashleigh. That was a mistake. I realise that now.

I loved Chelsea, she was really obsessed when we were together though, I like a girl to be hooked on me but not texting me all the time, talking like we were going to be together forever. I think I remember once she even tried to make up a name for our pet goldfish. The pet goldfish we would have when we lived together in a beach town. Lame. Who talks about that stuff? We were like what, 14...15?

Anyway, I have to go and get my sister from cheerleading practice and on the way I’d have to stop by Ashleigh’s, to hopefully lift some of the guilt off my shoulders.

Now probably wasn’t the best time to mention to her that I think I’ve been seeing Chelsea, regardless of her minor obsession with me, and slight overreaction to me taking Ashleigh to the Prom, we had been spending a lot of time together, in secret though. No one knew but me and Chels, she wanted to keep it on the down low so I decided that is what we would do.

I chucked on a pair of black skinny jeans and my favourite Zoo York singlet. Thought I should probably make myself decent as opposing to wearing the boxers I’d been walking around the house in all day. But hey, if I turned up wearing just boxers I might be able to get lucky. I caught sight of myself in the and did a little wink, followed by a smirk. No wonder the girls loved me.

I slipped into my Vans and walked outside to see my beautiful black BMW waiting for me in my driveway. It was fairly old, but P plates and a black BMW, I wasn’t going to complain, a better first car than most. And the girls thought it was hot. Best birthday present ever, courtesy of mum and dad.