Chapter 5

5

Getting heavy.

(Ashleigh’s point of view)

I walked through the front door, I’ve never been happier to be home. Hopefully no one was home so I could just go upstairs and cry until my parents got home, I could already feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I’d had to stop them all the way home.

I was less than delighted to arrive home to be greeted by my mum.

“Hey darling! Oh Ashleigh? What on earth is the matter? Come here.”

Great. She had noticed the tear streaming down my face

I knew if mum tried to hug me I would cry and I wouldn’t be able to hold in it.

I’ve said it once, I’ve said it twice, I’ve said it a thousand fucking times! That I’m okay, that I’m fine, that it’s all just in my mind.

For some reason I just couldn’t seem to get that song out of my head.

“I’m fine, Mum.” I gave her a quick brief smile and brushed past her to get to the stairs.

As I got to the top of the stairs, my iPhone got a Facebook notification. What the hell?

I walked into my room and loaded my Mac. I quickly logged into Facebook to find that I had been hacked. We all dread it and of course it had happened to me.

Inbox (12) it read.

My stomach felt a little uneasy as I clicked into my inbox. Shit! I had a message from Natalie Lang, a girl in my school who had been in a relationship Andrew Thomas for as long as anybody could remember. I’d never really spoken to her, so this couldn’t be good.

Why the eff are you inboxing my boyfriend asking for sex, saying you can give him things that I can’t?! Are you really that desperate! You really are pathetic no wonder your friends turned against you! You, Ashleigh are a pathetic boyfriend stealer. Nobody wants you. Not even Jack. And certainly not Andrew.

This time I couldn’t fight back the tears. Now everybody hated me. My inbox was filled with hate mail similar to the one from Natalie.

Well except Jack, he didn’t hate me I hoped, although I hadn’t talked to him today. I needed him. I decided to check out his Facebook to see if he’d been online.

Jack Thomas went from being ‘in a relationship’ to ‘single’.

WHAT?! He dumped me?! Why hadn’t I heard about this! Well everybody else had judging by the 57 likes and 30-odd comments telling him he could do better.

For the first time in months, I went and grabbed a razor. I only did a few cuts. But believe me; I’d forgotten how good it felt, to relieve the emotional pain with a physical cut.

I’m so fucked up.

1 week later

I walked through the school corridor, I had expected that the torment wouldn’t continue after last week, I was wrong, it was worse.

Yeah, the whispers as I walked through the corridor had quietened down, but as I walked through the hallway I noticed my locker door open, its contents scattered around the floor, tampons and all. I picked up my pace and as I went to put everything back in my locker everything spilled back onto the ground, the words ‘Dirty Whore’ were written on the inside of my locker door.

“FOR FUCKS SAKES!” I yelled, frustrated.

Everyone left in the corner turned to look at me.

“Crazy bitch” Chelsea muttered.

I couldn’t take this anymore. I walked over to her and slammed her head into the locker behind, except just as I did that, someone was pulling my hair from behind. It was Natasha. What the hell?

“Hah and you say I’m the crazy bitch!”

Faced with a fight I did the one thing you should never do.

I turned. And I ran.

Tears were streaming down my face, I ran home, I probably looked like the biggest loser wearing my ra-ra skirt, vans and knit jumper, running down the main road, but that was the furthest thing from my mind.

I ran straight into the garage door. I had forgotten to press the button. Could my day get any worse really?

The answer was no, and I was about to make it all better.

I eventually opened the garage door, and I found a box of rope, and carefully tied it around the beams in the garage. Ironically, I began playing ‘It Never Ends’ by Bring Me The Horizon.

Oh yes it does.