Chapter 9- A Second Chance?

Nishelle

I haden't spoken to or heard from Cordell since wednesday. To say i didn't miss him would be lying, but i just couldn't forgive him for walking out on me and never even bothering to check to see if i was okay after that. I don't know where we stand at this point. But i must move on with or without him. I have a future and more importantly a child to think about now. Thank God for the support I have from my grandmother and friends. I don't know where i would be or how my life would have turned out if it wasn't for them being there at one of my lowest moments.

It was Friday, School was going by good. As usual i was doing fairly well in my classes. I just had to make up work on the day i missed when i went to the clinic. Im glad to know that in less than six months i would be graduating. Melanie was able to get me an appointment at her doctors office she worked at. I can't wait to find out how far i am tuesday, so i know if i will be walking across the stage with a watermelon as a belly. Man my life has made a serious 180. I had to lightly laugh at that.

Later on the girls and i planned to go to the underground in downtown atlanta to window shop and grab some after school lunch. I was also going to be applying to some stores while i was there. Seeing i will have another mouth to feed beside my own i don't want to be mooching off my grandmother for long. I don't think it has hit me yet what i'm about to embark but i was preparing myself head on and i was going to roll with the punches. I was walking to my next class when i seen Cordell walking my way. Damn if only i had invisible powers to pull right now. I was not prepared to see him nor talk to him. He called out for me.

"Nishelle"

I was trying to walk past him, but he gently grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side

"What?!" I spit angrily.

"Babe let me talk to you for a min."

"Babe? You haven't shown the fruits of that labor in days. So you don't have a right to call me that. It's Nishelle to you." I looked off.

He sighed heavily. "Don't do that....Look i wanna sit you down and talk. Im Sorry Shell. I had my issues and i wasn't ready to deal with them just yet. Baby i punk'd out i was a strait a**hole!!!! i'm sorry!. Can we please talk about this after school? please!!?"

"No Cordell. How can i even trust you again? I told you from day one DO NOT HURT ME i been through enough sh*t....what do you do!!!!!? do the EXACT thing i said not to do. You abandoned me right when i needed you the most!!!!!! I haven't heard or seen you in almost three days!!!!!" I said crying at this point. "You know i struggle with that. I trusted you Cordell. So no save your sorry. We are done i don't wanna see you or be around you right now".

I walked away and ran to the nearest bathroom crying my heart out now pissed because i can't go to class like this. He just had to go and ruin my day. I couldn't be with someone who was going to flake out on me.

It was now the end of the day and i met up with the girls after class. I still wasn't over the stunt Cordell tried to pull. My mood was SHOT to hell. I guess the girls picked up on it more when we were at Jhonny Rockets. Cadence was the first to pick up on it.

"Boo boo whats got you looking like you about to beat someone down?" "Got ya arms folded and what not." Cadence said with a worried look.

"Your brother". Was all i said, looking off to the workers making the food.

"Awh hell" What he do now?" Nyla asked.

"What hasn't he done.." I said shaking my head. "He tried to pull me to the side in the hallway today on my way to class wit some lame sorry excuse."

"He was tryna get me to talk to you this morning actually i just ignored his tirade because i was not about to get in between that." Cadence spoke.

I decided to just come out and tell them that him and i were over.