I Know Pt 2

I know what it's like to learn to love yourself.

I know what it's like to be happy and smile nonstop.

I know what it's like to feel strong when you stand up for yourself.

I know what it's like to want to save yourself at all costs.

I know what it's like to look in the mirror and like what you see.

I know that the monsters in your head eventually go away.

I know what it's like to defeat the biggest bully you'll ever meet- yourself.

I know what it's like to smile before going to sleep every night.

I know what it's like to have one special person that makes everything alright.

I know what it's like to feel unstoppable when they're there.

I know how powerless your inner demons can become when you stand up to them.

I know all of these things and more.

I know.

~'~

This poem right here is proof that things get better. I know you've probably heard the speech a million times and you're sick of it. But they do. It might be someone, or might be yourself, but one day you'll find someone to help you out of the darkness. I found mine.

There's a ten month difference in these poems. So much has happened in that time. Trust me, I still battle my demons. There are days I'm not sure I can get out of bed. The battle has definitely gotten easier though.

Stray street, and stay alive my friends. One day it'll get easier.