Little cookie

Chapter 3

The worst feeling in the world is waking up for school. Others may say different but I know it's a lie. Like who wants to even get up to go to a place where people pretend to like you just so you can get through the day. Like no I hate it.  But I have to go. Sad times.

"Cayla hurry up and get down here. You need to stick to the schedule." I roll my eyes at this she always makes me stick to her schedule. Like I can't have a minute to myself. I'm to be up at a certain time, ready by one. Maybe one day she won't care to much for when I do things.

Walking to my locker I have an encounter with Nathan. For some reason he can't leave me alone.

"Well if it isn't little Cayla in school on time"

"Well if it isn't the asshole who will not leave me alone" I get to my locker and I take the books out I need.

"Isn't that what you wanted, me to not leave you alone. Why the sudden change of mind Cookie?" My eyes widen at this. He's not called me that in so long. I take a deep breath in before I speak

"What makes you think you can come back here and act like everything is fine. Why bring up the past. What I said before is the past and I don't think the same now." I start to walk away when he stops me. He looks at me right in the eyes, his chocolate eyes looking into mine. I felt myself getting lost in his eye, I just couldn't stop.

"I'll get you because I always get what I want cookie" With that being said he walked away from me. I was in a daze that was until Alice came.

"Cayla? What's happened you look like you've seen a ghost?"

"Um ... nothing I'm just very tired that's all. Lets get to class"

The day was going by so slow and to make things worse all I could think about was Nathan, and what we use to be. I can't help but feel all happy inside then I remember how he left me. The question I still ask myself is why? Why did he just leave? Why is he back now? After all this time why?  Well I don't think I'll get my answer soon.

School day ends slowly in my opinion but at least it has ended. I've decided that I'll stay after school and practice basketball. I need to work on my shots. The couch lets me do this as I'm like the best player on the team and she wants me to stay at my best. I mean I don't even think I'm that good. I Like to have this time to myself as it gives me time to think.

"Hey beautiful see you are staying to practice"

"Yes Jake I am state the obvious" I fight the urge to roll my eyes as he comes over to me.

"Well I'd love to stay here with you but I've got practice" I look and take in his appearance. His dirty blonde hair was pushed to one side. His green eyes matched the color of his shirt. He is somewhat attractive, but his personality isn't good at all. He thinks because he's captain of the football team that he is gods gift or something. Which he clearly isn't.

"What do you want Jake" I sigh in annoyance.

"you get straight to the point don't you. Well I'll tel you what I want. I want you." He started to walk closer to me.

"Jake I know this is hard for you to understand but I don't want you nor will I ever want you get that trough your head"

"Cayla. You know me and you are meant to be together stop fighting and just accept it" he was still getting closer, I was getting uncomfortable.

"Listen Jake I don't want you okay just stop" my voice was getting quieter like I couldn't speak. Why won't he just listen to me?

"What the fuck" Jake shouts and moves away from me. A basketball just hit his head. I look behind him to see that it was Nathan who had threw it. I don't know why but the fact it was him made me smile. He began to walk towards Jake if looks could kill he'd be 10 feet under by now.

"You need to leave" Was all he said. To my surprise he actually listened and left not before saying he will finish what he started with me. That thought alone gave me a shiver. But at least he was gone.

"You are still the same little cookie aren't you?" He smiled as he said this and it was genuine which almost made my heart melt.

"Oh shush you. I have changed just so you know"

"Well you still stay behind to practice when I know it just gives you time to think. Still have the same hair color even though you've always wanted to change it. You still listen to the same music. Finally you still need me to keep those jerks away from you." I was grinning like a fool as he said this to me. He remembered the silly little things I told him.

"Just so you know I could of gotten him away by myself just saying"

"Whatever you say shortie, how about we shoot some hoops then eh?" This reminded me of how we first meet.

It was the start of summer and my mum decided to send me to a summer camp so I'd learn new skills and socialize with others. When really she just wanted to say that her daughter is so great and has done so many clubs. Anyway, I was annoyed with her for sending me here and this place didn't even have wifi except for the main reception. I had no one here it was horrible. Most of the girls thought I was a spoiled rich kid like no I'm not.

So I decided that I would go by the lake and just sit by myself, since no one else actually liked me here. I dipped my feet in the lake as I stared ahead just thinking how I'd actually cope all by myself.

"Why you sitting by yourself" A boy with brown hair and eyes said behind me.

"Well there is nothing else to do here" I say in a sad tone. He comes over and sits down beside me.

"Sure there is you just aren't looking close enough and living" This makes me smile a bit.

"see there's a smile. You sure look better with a smile." His smile is just beautiful.

"Thanks I guess." He was Silent for a few minutes before he said.

"Well I Nathan Joel will do whatever in my power to make this beautiful girl in front of my eyes smile everyday I shall see you"

The memory of how we met makes my heart melt. He said he'd make me smile everyday and he kept it for the most part. He made that summer the best and the worst.