Chapter 4

“I suffocate you Tessie?” my question sounded like a menacing threat and I heard a faint whimper from her as she flinched. This time, fear clouded her eyes as I took another step towards her.

“Do you know why I’m doing this to you Tessie? Huh? Do you know why I am over protective to you?” I hissed while my knuckles were turning white because of the clenching I am doing right now. “Do you know what I felt when I saw you lying on that cold floor while your father is about to puncture your legs with a fucking chair?!” I shouted and everyone around us scampered away, leaving us alone in the corridor. Tessie flinched at my anger.

“You were about to lose you fucking legs that night and you’re telling me that I suffocate you? I am doing this because I can't bear to look at your limp body again! You don’t know what I felt when I saw you crying. You don’t fucking know what I felt when I was punching your fucking father repeatedly. And you don’t fucking know how I pained when I saw the bruises in your legs the size of freaking Africa! I am doing this because I can’t bear to see you crying again because somebody fucking hurt you! I don’t want you becoming friends with everybody just because you wore a skirt today. Don’t you notice that? Before, they don’t even notice you and now they want to be friends with you. What does that mean Therese? Huh? What does that fucking tell you?” with that speech of mine, I stormed away, leaving her behind. I don’t want to hurt her further. She has to realize it her own.

“Where is Tessie?” Mom asked me when I went home. I left Tessie in school because I don’t want to see her right now. I just gave my mom her keys back and I proceeded to my room. I was in the middle of the stairs when I heard the door open and I heard my mom call Tessie. So she has arrived also. I just went to my room and closed the door. I don’t want to see her.

I am currently playing games in my computer without a shirt on when a knock on my door disturbed me.

“Who is it?” I asked, not bothering to stop the game for a minute. Maybe it’s Mom telling me that dinner’s ready.

“It’s Tessie.” Her voice made me stop. Her voice made me freeze on the spot and I ended up getting killed in the game. Sighing, I turned to the door and walked over to open it. I found her wearing a tight shirt and shorts. I heard a faint gasp from her when she saw me shirtless. I can wear anything I want in my house.

“What do you want?” my voice sounded rude and made her flinch a little. I noticed her eyes red and her nose too. She had been crying.

“Dinner’s ready.” She informed while she tried to avoid my eyes.

“I’m not hungry.” With that, I closed my door and I plopped down on my bed. She has been crying. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. That girl will make me crazy.

I stirred when I felt something beside me. I opened my eyes and found my surroundings pitch black. I fell asleep while thinking of Tessie. I groaned and sat up and I turned to look what was beside me and I found a sleeping Tessie beside me wearing my shirt. I groaned again after seeing her eyes puffy. She has been crying beside me again. Jeez.

“I’m sorry.” Her little voice startled me. I thought she was asleep! I saw her head turn towards me and she sat up while sobbing silently. My chest tightened when I saw her tears falling down from her eyes. I really can’t bear this sight of her crying in front of me. Jeez!

I immediately wrapped my arms around her tightly as I felt her little body shake with her sobbing.

“Hush now. It’s my fault. It’s not your fault. I’m sorry for shouting at you at school today. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” I whispered as I hold her closer. Her petite little body was flushed closer to me than ever and her head was resting on the crook of my neck. After a few minutes, she stopped sobbing and only hiccups took over her body. I smiled at how cute her hiccups are.

“I’ll grab you a glass of water downstairs.” I looked at the clock and it was just 12:30 AM. My parents must be asleep by now. I was about to walk away when I felt someone tug my arms. I forgot I was shirtless when I fell asleep. I turned my head and saw Tessie with a pained expression.

“Please don’t leave me here.” She hiccupped after that. I sighed and took her hand. I’ll just have to bring her to the kitchen then.

We walked silently down the stairs while I was clutching her hand protectively. I look like a big brother. Jeez! She looked really fragile right now and I can’t help but adore her cute little cheeks as red as blood while we were walking.

Her cute face while she was drinking water was really getting my attention and the sight of her just in my shirt and she’s all bare legs and all that makes me want to hug her again. How is she so cute being like this? What am I even thinking about?

“Sleep.” I muttered for the nth time because Tessie kept on tossing and turning beside me. My back was facing her so I can’t really see what she’s doing. It’s already 1 AM and she’s still not sleeping.

“I can’t sleep. I feel cold even with a blanket on.” She said. I rolled my eyes.

“That’s because you’re only wearing your underwear and my shirt.” I sighed but then she shifted again making my bed bounce faintly. Jeez. This has to stop or I can’t sleep! I groaned and shifted my position so I can face her. Her back was turned to me and I couldn’t see her face. I immediately wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer to me.

“Sleep.” I muttered again and I felt her body relax. I guess she’s just asking for a hug. This shy girl is one of a kind. I smiled at the thought before leaning in and kissed the back of her head and getting a sniff on her hair which smelled like flowers. She really likes floral scents. After a few minutes, her breathing became even indicating that she has fallen asleep. So all it takes for her to sleep is a hug right? I’ll take note of that. I felt her soft hands wrap mine while she’s asleep. What could she be dreaming about?

I woke up because of an incoherent shaking beside me. What is it this time? I slowly opened my eyes and I saw a sitting Tessie with her eyes fixated on the wall across us and her body shaking. What is happening? I looked outside the window and it’s already dawn. What is happening to her? I quickly sat up and placed my hands on each of her shoulders.

“Tessie, what is wrong? What is happening to you? Tessie?” I asked her but her blank stare is all I got from her. That was when I heard something outside.

“Tessie, come out come out wherever you are.” The voice outside was bothering her. That voice was affecting her. And I know who owns that voice.

It’s her fucking father!

This is a bit short but enjoy!