Chapter 3

“Did you have fun?” Mom asked when we arrived home. She kissed Tessie’s cheeks which are seven shades of red now. My mom can be sweet but annoying at times. But I love her as much as I love Tessie.

            “I did. Thank you for all these.” She looked so grateful and so sweet. I smiled mentally.

            “Enough with the sweet chitchat, I’ll show you your room, Tessie.” I took her hand and led her upstairs to the room beside mine. I want her to be close to me at all times. I don’t know what will happen if I ever see her bruise again. I can’t let that happen again. She will be the death of me.

          Dinner was great, now that I can see Tessie eating well. I sound like a dad but I’m really protective over my best friend. She looks happy while talking to my parents. She’s a polite and sweet young girl so I didn’t have doubts that Mom and Dad won’t like her. She’s perfect for my family. I guess she can be my sister right?

             “I can help wash the dishes!” she volunteered as soon as we finished eating. Mom chuckled and shook her head.

            “Dear, you still have to unpack your things and arrange your room. I’ll handle it by myself. You both go have fun upstairs.” Mom is unbelievably sweet to her and I thank her for that. Tessie deserves to be treated this way. She’s been so sweet though her father is an asshole.

            “Where should I put this?” I asked her as I grab a handful of the new underwear we bought. She turned her heads towards me and immediately grabbed the pieces of cloth from me while blushing. What did I do now?

            “Y – You shouldn’t touch my undergarments you idiot!” she exclaimed while placing those clothes in a drawer. I frowned. Why can’t I? I raised a brow at her and she sighed.

             “You’re such a klutz. You shouldn’t touch those kinds of clothes casually, if you’re touching those it’s like your touching us. Freaking idiot.” She explained with her back turned to me. I grinned. Oh, so I was being rude?

           “Someone is blushing like a tomato right now. Turn around so I can snap pictures of you blushing like you’re going to burst.” I teased her while I poke her ribs. She flinched and slapped my hands. I chuckled and stood up.

               “I’ll grab something from my room. Stay here.” I told her and walked out from her room and went to mine to grab a teddy bear that I wanted to give her months ago. I didn’t have the chance because she didn’t have the time before.

                With the large stuffed toy on my hands, I walked to her room finding her looking around her room with a triumphant smile. She cleaned it up real good. I smiled and nudged her head with the bear. She turned around and squealed.

            “A teddy bear!” she giggled as she engulfed the poor toy with her bone crushing hug. I laughed at the sight. She’s so cute.

                 “I was going to give him to you months ago but I didn’t have the chance to do so. But now, he’s yours.” I told her and before I know it, she was hugging me tightly with her eyes closed. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her petite body.

                  “I love you Luke! Thanks.” she muttered. I chuckled and kissed her temple.

                   “I love you too short stuff. Do you want to watch a movie?” I told her. She shook her head.

                    “I want to rest.” she looked up at me as I nodded.

                 “Okay. Let’s tuck you to bed, shorty,” I chuckled as she frowned with the new nickname I called her.