Chapter 4

Chapter 4

DeathFight

"Brackendead," Reeddead said calmly. " I challenge you to a fight."

Brackendead growled and the Clan backed up to form a ring. The eagle-cats stood rigid and Brackendead and Reeddead circled each other. I watch in horror as Brackendead leaps for Reeddead's throat, prepared to deliver a killing bite.

Reeddead calmly bats Brackendead away with a giant paw. Brackendead screeched and began to lift off the ground.

"No flying!" I yowl. Brackendead drops to the ground with a growl.

Brackendead leaps again, claws outstretched. Reeddead just ducks and steps to the left. Frustration slowly spreading on Brackendead's face, he leaps for another killing bite. Reeddead drops to the ground and scratches Brackendead's stomach deeply.

"Hey!" Brackendead howls and drops to the ground. But Reeddead had already darted from underneath Brackendead. He whips around and Reeddead lazily scratches Brackendead's sensitive nose. "Yow!" Brackendead reels back.

"Oops!" Reeddead shrugs. "Sorry." Brackendead was panting now.

"I will kill you, Reeddead!"

"How can you?" Reeddead pestered. "I'm already dead." Brackendead growled again and leaped.

Brackendead leaped weakly though, exhausted. He landed on the ground in front of Reeddead, who pinned him down.

"Any final words?" Reeddead hissed.

"Yes, find and kill the one who turned us into these creatures," Brackendead's voice grew softer. Then it became harder again, "I want revenge on him or her, REVENGE."

"We will fulfill your wish," I dip my head. "Reeddead," I flick my tail.

Reeddead bit Brackendead's neck and I just hear what Reeddead whispers in the dying eagle-cat's ear.

"I will be a traitor to DeadClan. I will live as much as I can as you once did. I will continue your spirit. Posses me and you will live."

No one else had heard.