Chapter 6

Chapter 6:  Tears

“Ikanaide! (Don’t go!) Allen-kun, please stay... I need you” Haruka whispered to Allen. Her voice was shivering and her body was shaking as tears continue to fall from her eyes.

Allen was confused. He doesn’t want to see her cry, it pains him seeing her cry like that, but there nothing he can do, he has to go. He’s going there for her sake and his too. Right now, he has nothing. This is the least he could do.

He remained silent for a moment then said “I’m sorry but I can’t stay. This may sound selfish but I want you to wait for me. I promise you, I’ll come back”

She can’t bare it. This is happening way too fast for Haruka so after hearing what Allen said she lost it. She has no other option but to run away. She struggled from his grasp then run away in tears again. But this time, Allen just let her go.

“Maybe forcing her with my decisions is too much for her” he thought.

Haruka has been running endlessly for quite some time now, her face wet with tears.

Everybody stared at her but she didn't even notice it. Maybe she did, but that didn't stop her from running.

She doesn’t want to go home yet. She wants to be alone and think about lot of things, coz right now, it’s like she’s trap inside a maze with no exit.

-

-

-

“Huh? Was that Haruka-chan” Killua said from inside his car as he saw Haruka from the window running in tears.

Killua’s POV

I’m really sure that it’s her. But why is she crying? I’ve never seen her cry before, but she seems to be in so much pain by the looks of it. Maybe I should follow her and cheer her up a bit. I thought to myself as I glance back from the back window of the car.

I was about to ask my driver to go back but I remembered something. I remembered how I was rejected by her.

“She’s with Allen-kun now so she probably doesn’t need someone like me” I sighed. I made up my mind that I will forget about her, but why am I so worried. She’s a woman that can never be mine and I’m aware of that yet seeing her like that weakens my resolve. Even though my mind says stop, my heart interferes.

“Yuri-san, please phone Kudou-san and tell him that I need to speak with him personally. I will be waiting in my office” I said to my secretary who was sitting beside that driver’s seat.

“Yes, Zaoldyeck-sama” she retorted.

When I reached my office, my mind was restless. I was cursing silently, thinking how stupid and pathetic I’m being. I was rejected, but here I am very worried about her like a boyfriend.

“I truly am pathetic” I sighed.

*knock *knock

“Zaoldyeck-sama! Kudou-san has arrived” my secretary said from the other side of the door.

“Let him in” I say. I’m about to make the stupidest thing ever. I can’t believe I’m hiring someone to watch her and be informed on what’s going on. What am I now, her stalker?

“Zaoldyeck-sama, why did you summon me for?” he said

“I want you to watch over a girl named Yukihara Haruka”

“Is there something you want to find out about this girl? Like financial status, family background or other important information’s?”

“No, I just want you to watch over her and report to me her current condition” I commanded.

End of Killua’s POV

It was already late when Haruka arrived home. It was already 11:30 in the evening that made her parents, very much worried.

“Haruka! Where have you been? It’s already 11 your father and I was worried sick about you” her mother scolded her.

“I’m sorry for causing trouble” was all she said then she walked straight to her room.

“She seems fine to me” her mother thought.

_____________________________________________________________

Message from Haruka

“Allen-kun I’m sorry about what happened I was just scared. I’m scared that you’re going to leave me behind”

*ring *ring *ring

“Haruka?”

“Yes?”

“About studying abroad, I’m really sorry but I have to go no matter what. But even if we separate I...” Allen was cut off when Haruka said “So you’re still going.” Then cut the line. She even turned off her phone.

“She’s acting weird in a different way today. I knew she was strange but today… she like a different person” Allen sighed. “How many days will it be before she cools off?”