Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Worlds Apart

*KNOCK!! *KNOCK!!

It’s was already late yet a certain someone has been loudly banging the door of the Yukihara’s for about 10 minutes already.

The banging on the door gets louder and louder every knock which caught the attention of Haruka who has been sleeping at the sofa on their living room.

She happens to be sleeping there because Allen is currently staying in her room.

Since they don’t have an extra room for a guest, Haruka volunteered to sleep in the sofa even though Allen totally refused the idea of him sleeping on her room while she sleeps at the sofa. But she insisted and kept on saying that they can’t let a Bouchama (heir of a rich family)sleep in a sofa so that’s how she ended up sleeping there.

“Who could it be at this time of the night?” Haruka said softly while rubbing her eyes and walking towards the door.

“Yes? Who is it?” She asked the person on the other side of the door. “Ummm.. I said who is it?” She questioned that person a second time. But then again, she didn’t get any reply so she decided to sneak a peek to find out who it might be. She opened the door slightly enough for her to see the person outside their door. It was dark since it was already 2:30am but she can definitely see a middle aged man around the age of 40 with chocolate brown hair wearing a black coat.

“Otou-san!! (father)”

Her father ignored her action and walked straight inside their house. He was walking unsteadily so he was using the walls as his support while walking.

“Otou-san daijobu? (father are you alright?)” She walked to his father and helped him walk properly, she put her father’s arms on her shoulder then they walked towards the living room.

While assisting her father Haruka can’t help noticing that the smell of alcohol is dripping from her father’s clothes and mouth but she didn’t bother to ask why he is drank so she just kept quiet and helped him sit in the sofa.

“Haruka? It’s past 2 already!! You’re too noisy.” Haruka’s mother said as she enters the living room. “Huh? Kazuma? Why are you drunk?”

“It’s nothing! I’m going to bed now” Kazuma Yukihara said sourly then walked up stairs ignoring the question of her wife.

Kana Yukihara followed her husband and grabbed his hand “Kazuma dear, is something wrong?? You’re acting weird”

He turned around and faced his wife “No, there’s nothing wrong, I’m just tired. That’s all”

She looked directly in his eyes and said “I know you far too long Kazuma, and I know it when you’re hiding something”

He suddenly fell to his knees and his expression looks as if he is about to cry but is holding it in.

“Kazuma! What’s wrong? Are you hurt?” She muttered to him. Her eyes shows that she is very much worried for him. She caressed his back and helped him stand on his feet again.

“No, I’m fine dear, it’s just that…” He bit his lower lip, his eyes fixed on the ground. “I got fired from work.” He was finally able to say it “The president told me that he doesn’t need someone like me in his company.”

“But why?” Kana asked her husband.

“I don’t know either I really don’t remember doing something that can cause me my work.” He heaved a sigh “I’m sorry dear but I promise you! I will definitely find a new job”