To the people who want to see me fail.

For whatever reason, many people do not like me. Maybe they heard rumors.
Maybe I posted something controversial that they do not agree with.
Maybe someone spread a few lies here and there.
Maybe the caught me on a bad day and I lashed out.
Maybe they just saw my 'walking to class' face and assumed I was mean.

I'll admit , I am not the best person. I push myself away from others just to have space and time to think. I ignore messages. I do lots of things that make life harder than it should be.
That being said, I am a good person. I spend money on friends left and right. I paint anything for anyone. I create art for people. I do free photography shoots. I go out of my way to make others happy. I am a good person.
I do not cheat.
I do not lie.
I do not lead boys on.
I do not go out of my way to ruin someone's day.
Hell, I cry when I see what I think is a dead animal in the road (it's usually a bag ; sometimes just a pile of rocks.)
I can be your shoulder to cry on, yet you choose to be against me. I used to let these things bother me. I'd cry and scream and wonder why I couldn't be loved by everyone. I'd ask my mother to hold me as if I was a toddler with a scratched knee.
It's taken a long time to grow immune to words on a screen; way too long. I wanted to give in to the words. I wanted to just sit back and not do anything with my life. I thought I would never amount to anything.
Look at me now, I am applying to colleges and I am applying to jobs. I have a vehicle that I can rely on, I even pick up a friend every day for school. I'm going to get out of this state; I'm going to go far , far away. I'm majoring in psychology and my minor will be photojournalism. My grades are the best they have  ever been.
I hate to say it , dear skeptic, but if you do not let go of your hateful personality , it will take over. I would love to see you let go of said personality. I would love to see you succeed at your dreams.
To the person who wants to see me fail:
You will not see me fail because I never will.