CHAPTER 4: Make up or Make out

RYLEIGH'S POV

It'd been days since Niall had kissed me, I hadn't heard a word from any of them. The first day, I was so happy. I felt as if I could fly! But the second day I remembered his apology. It gave me a heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach to know that he regretted it and that hurt.

Half my alcohol disappeared that day. I'll probably have a hangover tomorrow but it's worth it to get rid of the mixed feelings he left behind.

I wanted to see him. Or any of the boys, I just wanted to talk about it, get it off my chest, tell someone how I felt about it all. I wish they'd just show up like they did that night of the bonfire. What a great night. Niall sang, I kicked Taylor's ass, got drunk and woke up beside Niall singing the next day. I want more moments like that, something to remember when I leave in 6 weeks.

Ok, that's it, I've had it. If they won't come to me I'll have to find them... Somehow. Not sure yet.

I'll go into town with Paul. They've been getting bait like every day now. Maybe they'll be around town. Well at least I hope they are.

But right now, I really need some sleep. It's starting to become a rare occurrence in my life now, as much as I love it, sometimes I just can't. Things invade my mind that never used to, like boys. I never really paid much attention to them, unless they were mates of mine. No crushes, no boyfriends. That's me.

Sweet nightmares. That's the best I'm gonna get tonight.

----------------

Well it's 9am and I feel like shit. But Paul will be leaving soon so I better hurry. I strip down into nakedness and step in the shower. The warm water refreshes my body, making my skin feel reborn. I love this feeling, I could just stay here. I put on my camouflage cargo pants with daggy white singlet and thongs. Downstairs, Paul is just about to head out the door.

"We're going to get bait" Derek explained although I already knew.

"Can I come?" He looked shocked at my response.

"Sure" he replied excitedly.

We're all in the death trap, when the engine roars to life. Paul drives, Derek is in the passenger seat, so I'm left with Phil in the back seat. After a while Phil starts to creep me out a little bit. He keeps looking at me seductively, at one point he grabbed my hand and looked at me licking his lips. All this made me cringe at the thoughts that could be going through his head.

Phil was younger than Paul and Derek only by about 10 years. As far as I knew he was married with 4 kids. He's always been creepy. A man in his early forties looking at an 18 year old, yuck.

I was thrown forward when Paul slammed on the brakes. I'm pretty sure there is now a hole in the floor because of that. The bell to the shop rang as we entered. I wandered around for a bit trying to distract myself from my mission. Around one corner, restocking a fridge was Niall.

Mission accomplished.

Feeling shocked I quickly walked away trying to find Paul again. Once I'd reached the front counter I heard a familiar voice that made me smile.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Harry asked from behind the counter.

"Looking for you lot, you've been avoiding me like the plague, what'd I do this time?"

"It's not what you did" he said softly.

"Oh, does he think I'm mad at him? Is that it?"

"Well... uh yeah... kinda... just a lot..." He mumbled.

"Is that a yes?" I asked trying to get an answer out of him.

"Yes" he gave in, like I was twisting his arm or something.