CHAPTER 1: Road trip

A/N Ok so this was on my other account. It is actually my story, not stolen or anything so yeah :)

So here I am, sitting in the back of some dusty old range rover on my way to some dumb cabin near a river. Two months I have to stay here while schools over instead of a 3 story mansion in Paris, like I was supposed to be. My dad lives there, well ever since he divorced my mum for a much younger and prettier french girl when I was 13.

Marié is wonderful, when I used to visit them she'd take me shopping and buy anything and everything I wanted, this of course made mum angry when I'd return home with Chanel clothing and Louis Vuitton handbags.

I wasn't allowed to visit after my 16th birthday trip when I returned with 3 pearl necklaces, two 24 carot gold rings and a set of diamond earrings. This of course broke my heart, I enjoyed getting away stuffy old London and my uptight mother, it didn't take me long to realise why my dad left.

This year i was supposed to make up for all that time i had missed with my father but they were doing some romantic world tour stuff, euck!

Although by some complete miracle my mother managed to get remarried, she wasn't overly joyed when dad brought Marié along with him to the wedding and then got into a punch up with the best man at the reception over something petty but what really topped it off was when he got absolutely smashed at the after party and created quite a scene with one of the ice sculptures.

Ever since mum has held a strong grudge against them which restricts me from even contacting them without a full months notice.

Paul, mums new husband liked to 'rough it' and was always going away camping and fishing with his 'mates' (even though I could swear he's gay, that's probably why he married my mum, she does look a lot like a man).

He'd be constantly trying to get my to come along for some step-dad and step-daughter 'bonding' time. Usually I'd be able to find an excuse but there was no way I could get out of this trip. Mum was on a business trip (if accountants can even have business trips) and wasn't going to be back until school started again.

The road beneath me became bumpy and my body was thrown around the death-trap my step dad calls 'Bessie' or as he sometimes says 'his second love' (my mother being the first, which I find repulsive)

"Almost there darling" He calls back to me

"Don't call me that" I mumble back, even though he doesn't listen, cause he's to involved with his conversation to his mate Derek about the best bait to use to catch some rare type of fish or something like that anyway.

I put my earphones in trying to make at least some part of this car ride enjoyable, Heartbreak Girl by 5 Seconds of Summer immediately starts playing. My iPhone has just about every type of music imaginable on it, Rock to Pop, Punk to Blues even Classical and Country. Music is my everything, I envy those talented enough to perform such soothing sounds as these.

The rover screeches to a halt and we all scrabble out and grab our stuff from the back. I race inside to find the biggest room with hopefully its own bathroom. If I have to stay here for two months I might as well be somewhat comfortable. On the second floor was a large room that almost met all my requirements. The walls were wooden panels polished into a brown, the floor were square wooden tiles of a slightly darker colour.

Queen size bed? Check.

Bathroom? Check.

Big closet? Check.

Flat screen t.v.? Check.

Self standing mirror? Check.

Bar fridge? Check.