Chapter 5

Chapter 5

   That night I seemed to sleep pretty well. I woke up feeling very rested and refreshed. Yafeh was just starting to get up about fifteen minutes after I woke up. Her hair was in her face as she stretched.

   “Good morning sleeping beauty,” I said to her.

   “Huh?” she replied. She was still tired and was barely aware of the surroundings due to her tiredness. I actually found this quite adorable.

   “You should probably get up,” I told her nudging her shoulder a bit.

   She grumbled at me and asked, “What time is it?”

   “It’s about ten. We slept pretty long, and I don’t know about you, but I sure needed this sleep.”

   “I need more sleep,” she said as she crashed her head back down on the pillow.

   “I thought angels didn’t get tired.”

   “I told you that we get tired when we’re on Earth,” she said in somewhat of a grumpy tone.

   “Okay okay sorry,” I replied half smiling, “if you want to keep sleeping that’s your choice; but I’m going downstairs for some breakfast,” I said as I got out of my chair.

   “No, I’ll come with you. I have to go where ever you go.” She got up, but stumbled and groaned while doing it. It was obvious that she didn’t want to be awake right now.

   I walked downstairs and was greeted by the smell of cinnamon rolls and bacon, one of my favorite breakfasts cooked by my grandmother.

   “Good morning,” said my Oma, “how did you sleep?”

   “Fine,” I replied. I may have been fully awake, but I didn’t feel like replying to people with a detailed answer.

   “Sure is nice to know that Josh is okay,” she said with a smile since it was just yesterday that he was released from the hospital.

   “Yeah it is,” I again replied shortly.

   After I ate I went back upstairs, got dressed, put on deodorant and brushed my teeth, then went back in my room to just relax. I always enjoyed that, just lying there and doing nothing. Another thing I enjoyed was not wearing a shirt. In fact, I hate wearing shirts. I don’t know why, I just do.

   So I lay there in my recliner and I see Yafeh looking at me funny. I look at her eyes to find out where they were directed, and I see they were directed at my upper body.

   “You know,” she said, “you actually kind of have a nice body, for a human of course.”

   I look at her and say, “What do you mean?”

   “Well, your six-pack definitely helps,” she said. I just kind of laughed a little and blew it off. I knew she was just trying to be nice since she was an angel.

   “Okay what are we doing today?” I asked.

   She replied, “Like before, just let it happen.”

   So we sat there and talked for a while, when my brother Austin comes up in my room.

   “What’s up?” he asks in a somewhat of a tired monotone voice.

   “Nothing, what do you want?”

   “Nothing, just wanted to hang up here because I’m bored.”