Chapter 13

Chapter 13

   I was wondering why we weren’t going to Heaven at this point. This was too dark and hot to be Heaven. Where are we? As I asked myself this, I noticed a pale, bald man in a purple robe not too far from me.

   “Welcome to Hell, child,” he said to me.

   “Satan, how did you get me here?” I asked. Yafeh was still holding me. I was glad that this time she was here with me while I was talking to Satan.

   “Remember, I have powers as well,” she said with a smile, “and I can do things to your God’s people if your God permits me or doesn’t stop me. Apparently He has no problem with you being in Hell. I guess He just gave up on you. You must have failed the test.”

   “Shut up Lucifer! You don’t know whether or not Alan failed. Only God knows,” said Yafeh. That’s my girl, standing up for me just like I would do for her. I felt better about this knowing that she would stand up to Satan for me.

   “Ah, the little Yafeh. I’ve heard so much about you. Such a beautiful angel, yet so clingy. It amazes me that Alan hasn’t just failed to test just to get away from you,” Satan said to her in a demeaning voice. Yafeh began to look down, then at me.

   “Am I really that clingy?” she asked feeling very insulted and now self-conscious.

   “No, you’re not. You are kind of clingy, but I like it. Don’t listen to him. He’s just trying to mess with you so you will give up on me,” I said as I put my arms around her. She simply nodded showing that she believed me.

   “Enough of this pointless chatter,” Satan demanded, “I brought you here for a reason. I want to show you the visual details of my offer.”

   “What is he talking about?” asked Yafeh.

   “Oh, you haven’t told her?” said Satan, “So much for trust and honestly between the cute couple; but no time to worry about that. Follow me if you please.”

   “No! Alan, what is he talking about?” Yafeh asked feeling a bit of anger for me not telling her. I let out a deep sigh and started to rub my neck in nervousness.

   “While I was at the hotel for the tested, I got hungry so I left the hotel and found a good restaurant. When I left the restaurant Satan walked up to me and offered me…”

   “A deal of a life time!” interrupted Satan, “He could be a commander in my army and take orders directly from me. He would be a fool to turn me down.”

   “No, he would be a fool to take this ridiculous offer. Alan, you know he’s a liar. Why didn’t you tell me about this?” she asked impatiently.

   “I didn’t want you to worry. Plus, the offer sounded intriguing, but I turned it down. He talked to me in my head while I was in testing and in my mind I turned him down. I’m not sure if he heard me though.”