September 28

Wednesday
12:06

Tonight was weird.

I mean... Ok i'll start from the beginning. After school I went straight to the Whitesides and waited for Claire to get off the bus. We went inside and I made her a snack before we did homework outside on the porch. I've only been with her three days but it's already started a habit to do homework on the porch before Claire can play.
Pretty normal right?

Anyways we were only out there for about 20 minutes when I heard what sounded like heavy footsteps running up the stairs inside the house. I was honestly shocked for a few minutes. Me and Claire stared at each other wide eyed. And then she ran inside. I freaked out chased after her and yelling. When I caught up to her on the second floor she told me it was a joke. Like what the heck?

I got on to her for running away. And made her stay behind me as I checked out the house. To be honest that was terrifying. The sun still streamed through the windows but it didn't diminish the creep factor at all. I didn't find anything. I mean it could of just been a really loud creak. That's what old house do, right? They settle in and make weird noises.

I was a little rattled after that we went back outside and did homework. I turned on the radio to create some noise and we worked together. We made grilled cheese for dinner  and watched frozen (3rd night in a row), but she fell asleep quickly afterwards. It's becoming my nightly ritual to sit in the den and read. The cable isn't hooked up and I don't know where any movies are except frozen or I would've turned on the tv. Instead I tried to concentrate on my book while the house creaked. None of the creaks were specifically loud. But by eleven I was so on edge that when Mr. And Mrs. Whiteside came home I grabbed the money and left. They mentioned pushing my hours to 11:30-12. I was ready to leave so I nodded and ran. I have nothing else to do anyways. Claire's asleep by that time and I'd be doing the same thing at home, but here i get paid for it. I think I need to stop reading scary stories though. It's messing with my head.
Sincerely,
Insane in the brain Elsie