Bad Dreams

Screaming, it's all I can hear. The strange alien monsters falling from the sky seemed to grow in number by the second. I look over to my brother trying to get everyone off a wrecked bus and to safety, when a loud roar erupts through the strange blue portal above the city. A giant flying metal snake came down from the hole and began destroying everything in sight. My brother was helping the last mother and child when it crashed down through the street he didn't have time after he moved the two people to get himself out of the wrecked bus before the monstrosity all but leveled the block taking my brother with it. I screamed his name when a blur of green jumped In front the thing that had just killed my brother and was now heading for me, I close my eyes waiting to join my brother praying death isn't as painful as I'm expecting but the death blow never comes; instead a crashing sound and what could be easily an earthquake but clearly wasn't. When everything almost goes silent I open an eye only to find the Beast motionless and the "green blur" turned out to be some sort of man much bugger and stronger than any normal person, the green man turns to look at me and then grabs me in his arm, compared to him I may as we'll have been a football, I yelled in protest when he jumped over cars and turned around buildings but within seconds I was near police who we're escorting people out of the city. The man put me down as gently as he could and just nodded at me.

"Thank you!"I yell after him unsure if he could hear me or not, a policeman grabbed my arm and started to pull me away when the building over us exploded with a loud crash then I see the cold green eyes staring right at me as the rest of my world fell another handful of screams sounded, startling me out of my nightmare.

I sit up in my bed and look around my small apartment, rubbing my eyes making sure it was just a dream. Nothing seemed out of place and the sun was just barely starting to faintly shine behind the horizon. I take a deep breath and force myself out of bed. My clock said 5:09 AM I roll my eyes and turn to leave my room, there was a hall that lead to the kitchen and living room the walls were a pale gray and the wood floor was a light brown as I walked down the slender hall I pass what used to be my brother's room I never go in unless I have to, the door always stays shut.

Turning the small corner I walk into the main area in the small apartment, in the living room there was a small couch and an old Tv in the corner was a fireplace that I never use anymore, with one picture hanging on the mantel, it was of my brother. His hair was cut short but it was hard to tell with his hat, he had his uniform on and looked fairly happy considering they weren't allowed to smile or say "cheese" thinking of that brought a small smile to my lips, his skin was very pale just like mine and the gray background didn't help but it was my favorite picture of him. His name was Noah he was only three years older than me and was my best friend growing up he was in the marines and loved helping people, and thats what killed him.

Turning to the kitchen I walk straight to the fridge even though I wasn't hungry after the nightmare, that particular dream never leaves me with an easy stomach. I give up looking to spark a craving so I just closed the door and decided to get ready for work.

Returning to my room I walk to the closet to find something to wear, I end up grabbing a gray sweater and black pants and throw them on. Grabbing a hair brush I start pushing all of my blonde hair back into a simple bun and doing my makeup. I look at the mirror and the only thing I could look at we're my eyes, Noah and I both had the same blue eyes and now that's all I have left of him. I start looking at my features my skin is so pale I could get lost in the snow my hair pulled into the messy bun made me almost look like a young librarian, I laugh and stand up then an annoying ringing starts and I jump, it's just my alarm clock.

"Rise and shine."I mutter to myself. I grab my ID and leave for work two hours early.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N
Hi guys! This is going to be my first attempt at a Fan Fiction so just hang in there haha I'd love to hear what you think I know this first part is a little vague and boring but everything's gotta start somewhere right? Well tell me what you think because this'll be really fun!