Long talks

"Thats awesome! Maybe I can see you this week! My band has a gig too." Calum says excitedly. "Yeah maybe, where's yours at?" I ask him. "Wednesday at the blazing blues." My mouth goes dry at his words. My gig is also on Wednesday at the blazing blues! "That's... Amazing! I'm happy for you Calum." He smiles at me. "Same, when's yours?" He asks. I shrug "I can't remember to be honest but, its on my calendar." Calum smiles. "OK, well you have the chance text me so me and the boys can come show support." I smile and we stand up together. "Well I'll see you later Zendaya." "Yeah." He starts walking off until a thought hits me. "Calum!" I call and he stops to turn around. I run to him "isn't the prize for the gig money?" I ask. "Yeah, 3500 to be exact." I nod as I bite my lip. "Well good luck, the people who play there are very competitive and very talented." I warn. Calum gives a cocky grin. "Don't worry Z, we'll crush ANYONE who competes against us." I frown at him OK, fine I won't warn you. "Well good luck Hood." I smile sweetly and walk back to my guitar and fruit.

I get around 1:40 because I went around town to get a few things. "Mom?!" I called. "I'm in the bathroom!" Ew. "Well the boys are about to come over soon!" She doesn't respond so I prepare snacks and while I'm doing so, I remember I'm supposed to be thinking of a date. Somewhere to take Zendaya for a good time, romance... I can't believe this, but its what she wants so... I'll do it. As I'm racking my brain for ideas my front door opens "Calum! Where were you last night?" Michael asks as he walks towards my fridge. "Yeah, Ashley was looking all over for you mate." Ashton smiles as he sits on the couch. "Yeah, well don't worry Luke. Ashton helped take her mind off of you." Luke spoke. "Hey man don't be mad because you didn't get laid." Ashton retorted to resulted in Luke rolling his eyes. "So anyways, why didn't you come?" Michael asks with his mouth full. I shrug. "Family problems." I said and they all nodded except Luke who was looking at me with concern. "Your dad?" He asks and I nod. "Well he did a number on you mate, did y'all fight?" Ashton asks with a smirk and I glare. "Yeah because he hit my mom." They all stare at me shocked. "Is Joy OK?" Luke asks. "Yeah. But we don't need to chat about this. Let's go, we have a gig is to prepare for." We all head to the garage.

"No. Way! You're competing against Calum and his friends?" Bella asks shocked as I pace my room. "Yes." Was all I could say. "Have you heard them play before?" She asks. I frown. "Have you?" Bella smiles and nods. "They're amazing! Luke and Michael shred those guitars like crazy! And Ashton? He beats those drums harder than he beats a pussy." I gasp at Bella's choice of words. "What?" She asks defensive. "Would you say that if Greg was here?" I ask and she smirks. "Yes I would." I roll my eyes and continued to pace. "So how's Calum?" I ask. "What?" Bella's now confused and I hear a bit of panic in her voice that makes me look at the. "How's Calum on an instrument?" Bella laughs nervously. "Oh! I um...Calum plays the bass." "OK. How Good is he playing it?" She bites her lip and pretends to swoon. "Well, I got my answer." I whisper.