Make over

August, freshman

WALKING INTO THIS CLASSROOM IS SCARY, I DONT KNOW anyone and no one knows me. I guess this is a good thing but I'm scared of how my life will turn out. Will these new people like me? Will I like them? Is the girl on my left staring at me because she thinks my outfit is awful or does she admire me?
The last three years of middle school was hell-
I barely had any friends and I was a loser.

Now or never,

I get in a seat in the very front, right away a girl sits next to me.
"Hi!" She says, "I'm Shelly." Shelly smiles at me with her white pearly teeth. She has blonde hair and blue eyes.

She's really pretty.

Right away... progress. I give Shelly a smile but before I can answer her the teacher walks in. Our teacher has red hair and looks like she's 67 years old, not that it was polite of me to assume her age.

"Gooooood morning Hornets!!" My teacher refers us to the school's mascot. Walking almost to my desk she stops, looking right at me with a funny face she ask me a question I dreaded.
"Ah- you're ski-llip?" She pronounces my name correctly.
I partly blame my parents for giving me weird ass names... maybe that's why I was a nobody at my middle school. I give my teacher a fake smile, "I go by sky."

"Good, good"

"Yea"

The rest of the day was basically my homeroom teacher explaining us about the school's rules and her love life... please for the love of anything make her stop! Ms.heathwak, yes, it is pronounced heat-hawk and then I realized I didn't hate my parents as much anymore.

And as I imagine, Kelli was right. She dressed me up for the first day of school and boom I was suddenly noticed. I should've let Kelli dress me up sooner. Not to mention the new boy.. his name is Conner, he's in my homeroom and bless his face and body.

As weeks past by I grew closer with Alexus and Mali. Apparently they were one of the popular girls at our school and the fact that my group is only me, Alexus and Mali. People call us the mean girls. Not that we're mean, it's just that we became the 'popular ones'. But of course I didn't forget Shelly, me and her are friends but not as close as my main group of friends.

Turns out me and Shelly both like Conner. News spread fast that I liked Conner and everyone knows...

"Yo." Malachi ask,
"I heard you like my homie Conner.. is that true?"

My heart stops.
How could news spread so fast? I barely even know Malachi only that he's in my homeroom.

A boy walks past me and I know his name is Nathan.
Nathan is the most popular boy at our school, blackish brown hair with chocolate brown eyes. He was hot and way above me.

Doubt he even knows I exist.

So it's okay to lie to Malachi and say that I like Nathan to cover up that I like Connor, right?
I mean it's not like me and Nathan will ever cross path in life. He's popular and a player, I'm just me.

But little did I know... two years later SHIT happened.