Chapter 1: The New Guy

Adrian's POV

I woke up today with my head and arms hurting like usual. Everyday I get home from being beaten just to be hit again by my father and my brother, Cayden. I sit up slowly, wincing from the pain in my ribs and look at my clock.

"Oh Shit! I'm late for school!" I say and get to my feet as fast as I can. I'm used to the pain so I ignore it and get ready. I put on a Black Veil Brides shirt, grey hoodie, black jeans, and my converse. Then I brush my hand through my hair and try to make it neat, not that it matters. Nobody really cares about me, it hurts but I get over it.

When I'm finished getting ready I grab my stuff and climb out my window. I live in a one story house so I can just go out that way. Plus, its better than possibly getting seen by my "family" and getting hurt even more.

Its about a ten minute walk so I take my time. If I go into the school when there are a lot of students, then one of them might try to shove me and get attention. That's all they want, attention. But it doesn't matter. None of it matters. I don't matter.

I didn't even realize I had tears flowing down my face until someone asks me,

"Hey, are you okay?" I instinctively flinch away and look at who was talking. I don't recognize him, so maybe he is new. Obviously so, he's talking to me. All the other kids know that if they try to make friends with me they will be bullied as well so they steer clear of me unless they wanna call me a name or shove me. But I reply anyway.

"Y-y-yes, I-I'm fine." I stutter out. I'm not used to talking to people and he might hurt me so I have to be careful.

"You don't seem fine. Come on, I'll help you." He tries to put his hand on my shoulder but I back away shaking. He can't help me, there is nothing to be helped. He might hurt me if I go with him. He quickly moves his hand back and looks at me worried.

"I d-dont need h-help. I s-said I'm f-fine." I say with fear in my eyes and voice. I think he could tell I was lying.

"Please don't lie to me, I want to be your friend." He replies with sincerity in his voice. How could he want to be friends with a worthless, fat, annoying person like me?

"W-what?" I say shocked. He must be crazy.

_________________________

HEY GUYS!!!!! HOW DID YOU LIKE THE FIRST CHAPTER?!?!?!?!?!? OK this probably sucked but it will get better. Again, this is my first book so its gonna be bad. Thanks for reading! I'll update when I can!!

BYE RITYKITS

(DONT JUDGE THE NAME)