Vex and Rayond dialogue

"Back for more?"

"You know it, V."

"Just call me Vex, it's short and straightforward enough, even a tryhard frenemy like you can't stain it."

"Stain it?"

"Yes, stain it. Like you stain everyone's name and title. Trying to give it your own little twist, let me tell you necromancer, it won't work on me."

"Jeez Vex, it's just a nickname. When did you start stalking me?.... and I'm NOT A NECROMANCER!"

"I hear lots of things Rayond, and....I- I....smell a lot of things." She leaned her head towards her employee and took a long sniff. " Anyway if you haven't noticed this is a tight little click we've got running down here, and with goods and supplies being dispersed throughout the guild so do words."

"Whatever, I'm not a necromancer. Can you just give me the job?"

"Just a moment. Speaking of goods and supplies, you don't happen to have any Sleeping Tree Sap on you do you?"

Rayond became a little red in the face. "Yes." he said defiantly.

"Oh good, how much for a bottle?"

"I don't have it in bottles, I have it ALL OVER ME!" With that Rayond pulled down his hood and lifted his arms, showing off his sticky hair and robes sticking to his arms.

Vex gave him a humorous smile. "Don't get yourself if such sticky situations next time eh? And DON'T mess it up like you did my Sweep job!! You hear, this one is special." She became very serious at the last part, for it did cause some serious damage to her client.

"Yeah yeah, don't put initials on books I hear ya. Listen you have no idea what people just decide is theirs at the College. J'zargo will literally go into my room and take things if they don't have my name on them!"

"Enough ranting, Ray. it's basically a Burglary job, but from the Hall of the Dead."

"So it's a grave robbery? You want me to defile a deadman's grave?"

"That's what I said! This isn't your first taste of mead, are you in?"

"Yeah, sure who's the target?"

"His name is Kodlak Whitemane, he should be in the Hall of the Dead day after tomorrow."

"Wait, that name sounds familiar......"

"He's the Harbinger of the Circle, the Companion leader."

"OOOhhh yeah!! I joined them a few months back, oh yeah, I knew Kodlak. Shame."

"You? A companion member? What, do you fetch the mead?"

"NO! They find my magic quite.....an..........enhancement to the group."

"I bet Kodlak took pity on you and let you in."

"Goodbye, Vex, got a funeral to attend."

"Make sure you wash up, you look like a Khajiit's backwashed hairball!"

"Whatever you say Jarl of the Sewers!" Rayond got a lot of nasty looks from the thieves guild members. Whatever you said, you did not want to refer to being in the sewers as a bad thing. But Rayond didn't care at the moment.

Vex had a knack for guessing social situations correctly, to Rayond's annoyance. In this instance she wasn't entirely correct but neither was she wrong. Rayond remembered being let into the companions initially by Kodlak's say so. More vividly so, the astonishment and embarrassment of not being able hold his own against the weakest fighter without using magic.

He had argued quite defensively back and forth with Vilkas about the terms of "using a physical weapon". So Rayond didn't summon a weapon, no, he used a sword that happen to be enchanted. Well, apparently that little soul gem gave Rayond too much magic to work with in Vilkas's opinion. He couldn't use the sword and coincidentally any of the weapons he had on his person at that moment, not that he had used them much in the past in the first place, relying independently on spells.

So Vilkas had to go around Jorrvaskr and convince one of the Companion members to lend the possible new member a weapon. None of them wanted to, as most newbies blunted the expert blades giving the owners hours afterwards to re-sharpen them. It wasn't until Skjor decided to test the new meat's strength that a giant, bulky, warhammer was actually lent to Rayond. Skjor was honestly curious of how this toothpick planned on lifting the majority of swords given to him. He highly doubted there was there any muscle underneath his robes.

Of course Rayond couldn't lift it, but he didn't let that stop him. Casting the silentest of spells Rayond boosted his strength by 30% giving himself just enough ability to lift it. Njada immediately caught this and called Rayond out for it.

Vilkas finally decided that Rayond should not be getting into the Companions. But Kodlak saw him into the faction anyway, declaring that adding a mage would give some magnification to the already powerful and able group.

So no, Vex was not wrong about Kodlak letting him in when others wouldn't have but it's not like he took pity on him in doing so, Rayond hoped.....