At Jorrvaskr

While everyone was up at the Skyforge making preparations for the cremation Vilkas sat back with Farkas sipping on mead before saying a last goodbye to their lost Harbinger. Both looked up at the creaking of the double doors as Rayond peeked his head around sheepishly.

"Uh..? Anyone home? Where is everybody?"

"Where were you during the attack? We needed people here. Now Kodlak's dead!" Vilkas quickly angrily questioned Rayond.

"You aren't some secret Silver Hand servant are you?" Farkas accused him.

"What?! The werewolf haters?! No, not at all! Wait, why?" Rayond was caught off guard, why would the Silver Hand have any play in Kodlak's death?

"Ughhh. Well they were here because um..." Farkas had forgotten the extent of Rayond's knowledge in the Companions being werewolves.

"They've stolen the Fragments of Wuuthrad and killed our leader that is the extent of what you should know, we are the one's asking questions here." Vilkas helped.

"Well, it was kind of a secret mission that Kodlak sent me on to be honest..." Rayond rubbed the back of his head.

He had been sent on the mission long ago, if he would have stopped what he was doing, completed the mission and gotten back Kodlak what he needed he probably wouldn't have died waiting on him. Rayond felt a little guilty

"The newbie? A secret mission? You? It's been forever since you've visited this place and you come back the day after Kodlak the Harbinger is dead? I'm sure." Vilkas usually cool and collected was getting upset with the little mage.

"Okay, I wasn't here because I was off getting Glenmoril Witch heads from Glenmoril Coven with my buddy Onmund you can ask him if you have any doubts." Rayond crossed his arms across his chest defiantly.

Vilkas and Farkas made eye contact at the immediate mention of "Glenmoril Witch heads" which made Rayond's mind spin ever fast.

"They were difficult to pin down I'll tell you, he broke his arm." Rayond stated, recalling the events. "So I think I should know what they were needed for."

"A hagraven broke his arm?" Vilkas questioned. "Don't they seem a little, I don't know skinny, for that?"

"No." Rayond broke eye contact immediately. He was caught but he wouldn't admit how Onmund broke the arm in embarrassment.

"Okay, well lets see them then." Vilkas got out of his chair and stepped towards Rayond.

"Not till I know what he was going to use them for! You keep calling me newbie, but I've been and done here long enough to know what's going on." Rayond stepped back away from Vilkas.

"YOU'LL DO AS I SAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BECOME THE---"

"Uh, hey guys." Just as the shouting began Ria ended it, to Farkas's relief. "We are ready to begin, you should come now. Hello, Rayond." She said with a mournful smile.

"We'll discuss this later." Vilkas called after Rayond, who was power walking away to join Ria, adjusting his satchel and doing the things that are always tell-tale signs that he was annoyed.

He and Ria had always been on good terms so he decided to walk with her and question how things were in the days of his absence.

"Hi, Ria, how are you? You weren't hurt in the attack were you?" He asked concerned.

"Well, it was pretty overwhelming but I faired just fine actually. Would have helped if you would have been there though." She added, a little annoyed. "Where were you Rayond?"