↠ "He told me..."

A/N - I know this is OOC (out of character) for Jerome, or it may be the side he hides, who knows. But I felt kinda shit writing this so idk that's why I wrote this lol
----
Contains swearing
------
Jerome entered our shared apartment, his face, body and clothing covered in blood.
I jumped out of my seat, "what the fuck happened to you?"
He walked over to beside where I was standing and sat down.
"That guy that was flirting with you earlier, I went to go and talk to him, I did talk to him then his henchmen came out of no-where and tried to kill me so I killed them all and him!" He laughed manically.
"He had fucking men? He just seemed like a creep! Also, That's where you went? I could of dealt with them myself!" I said as I sat down beside him.
He snapped his head towards me, "oh thanks Jerome! Thanks for being a good boyfriend and dealing with the piece of shit flirting for me!"
I shoved him and flipped him off. He just laughed at my action.
"Pussy," he sneered as he turned back around to face me.
"Pussy?! Really?! I thought one of the reasons you loved me was because I wasn't a fucking pussy!" I exclaimed as I stood up, throwing my arms in the air.
He paused for a moment, "fuck you!"
"That the best you've fucking got?!" I sneered.
Jerome just sighed and rolled his eyes as he sat back.
"What the fuck is even wrong with you tonight? It sounds like everything went well if that guy and his men are dead!" I asked.
"He said some thing's, I don't know why it even fucking got to me, I've heard it plenty of times," he sighed, looking at the ground.
I sat down as a wave of worry washed through me, "what did he say?"
He shrugged and forced his laugh loudly but it went quieter the longer he went on.

After he stopped laughing, Jerome just sat there.
"He said, I'm the reason you're crazy, the reason you've killed all those people... You were good before we met," Jerome said, the wall that everyone seen that was Jerome, broke.
"Bullshit. You just let me be myself," I said, taking his hand in mine.
He snatched his hand away and put his head in hands, "that's not just fucking it Y/N, there was more he said!"
I leaned over and rubbed his back, "what else did he say Jerome? You can tell me, I'm here."
"He told me that I've ruined your life and you should go and live the part I haven't ruined, and that's a small amount I haven't ruined! He said that I don't deserve you and you're too good for me! I mean I knew it but it's different when someone says it out loud..." Jerome said, then he started to cry.
"He said that you don't fucking love me because you found out that I don't love you, which is bullshit, because I do! I know I don't say it a lot but I fucking do!" He cried.
It broke my heart that he was like this, that he believed this irrelevant man.
"Jerome babe, look at me," I said, trying not to cry.
He shook his head, "I can't, you'll tell me that it's all true!"
And that made me cry, "that's bullshit none of that's true!"
He slowly turned around to look at me, his eyes red from crying and the blood on his face had been smeared.
"Why would you believe anything a random guy said to you?" I questioned.
He sighed and ran his hand through his ginger hair, "he isn't some random guy! He's the guy I hired to look into you when I first started to like you... He got all the basic information people would know about you!" He confessed.
I sat back on the sofa, I sighed and shook my head, I couldn't believe Jerome thought any of this shit was true.
"Come here," I said, opening my arms so I could hug him.
He shuffled beside me and lay back. He wrapped his arms around me and cried into my chest. I hugged him back and played with his hair.

We sat like that for a while.
"Lets go and clean that blood off you," I said.
Jerome nodded and got up, making his way to the bathroom and as I followed. He took his clothes off and threw them in a pile of the floor as I wet a cloth to clean his face with.
As I cleaned his face, he avoided eye contact, I couldn't tell what he was feeling at this point.
"Are ya gonna look at me?" I asked, once I had finished.
He looked me in the eyes. His eyes were still red but look even more red with his clean, pale skin.
"Are ya gonna say anything about what I said?" He questioned.
I opened my mouth.
"I do fucking love you, you know. I know it seems like I just want you as a partner in crime or for sex but I want... I love you for you" he said, his eyes looking in mine.
I smiled, "I know Jerome. Like I said before, you've just let me be me and you haven't ruined my life, you've made my life so much better! I love you too!"
He grinned back.
"And it's cute that you got some guy to look into me when you started to like me," I smirked.
"Anyone else would think that's fucking crazy," he laughed and shook his head.
"It is crazy but I would of done the same thing so yeah, we do deserve each other!" I smiled, walking over to him.
He laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist, "yeah we do!"
"Don't believe anything that people say about me again, unless it comes from me," I said, caressing his cheek.
"I won't, I promise!" He said smiling.